Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

Oh bollocks. For some reason I had it in my mind that today was a 15:00 kick-off so I just sat down ready to watch !! Ha ha. Came on here to see the post match thread already up and felt shit that I missed it, and to see we lost to Brentford at the Etihad was even worse. Fuck me. Sounds like I missed a shit game.

Wow, what the hell is with us lately ? Sounds like we should have out the midweek team back out and they could have done better. Brentford !! Wow. Wasn't expecting that. A team that only won 3 games all season before today. Fuck. Oh well, looks like I didn't miss much.
You’ve had a right touch

Got what we deserved, we were wank. Could see it from the first 5 mins yet he changed nothing. The speed of our play is far too slow. Ran out of ideas and turned into Stoke at times. Players seem to find a bit of form then find themselves on the bench. Bernardo needs to be in the middle, there was no need for rodri and gundogan today.

How many Arse players are going to Qatar? Be interesting to see how they do tonight but I think they’ll be desperate for a 5 point gap

They won’t play like us today. If I were Arteta, I would have referred to our game in pre-match talk and say ‘that’s not how I want to end the league run before the world cup ‘.

the timing of the world cup and us being the first and early game made us a template on how not to approach the game this weekend.

Is it just me that gets more confident of winning the league when we get giddy opposition fans on here giving it the big un? Even after that shite today, we'll come good.
I’d still feel confident if we were further behind. We were poor today and haven’t been at our very best consistently all season. But let Arsenal get excited, it will keep us on our toes.

To properly review that performance properly you have to factor in fatigue which has been massive the past month with the fixture pile up. Our performances have indicated that. We're tired, and that's before the World Cup starts has been obvious for a month now. At some point Pep has to make use of the 5 subs rule.

Brentford had a plan today, and executed it perfectly. We played into their hands by only using one substitute over basically 100 minutes but they warranted their win. Hats off to them.

But after 60 minutes you could see Kev and Gundo were shattered and had nothing left. Bernardo as well. On the bench there were tactical moves to make by bringing Grealish and Gomez on to create width and get service to Erling but Pep didn't make it for whatever reason. I don't understand it and don't want to take away from Brentford who deserved their win.

But second half of the season post WC Pep has to utilise the squad properly. This is a season like no other and there's no point having a deep squad if we only use 11 plus 1 or 2 garbage time substitutes.
Agreed pep was a big 5 sub advocate ..and now we have it!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.