PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Now that we’re here, I’d love to actually know how much we could get a sponsor for now. If we didn’t have Etihad, compared to the other top clubs, I wonder if a company would give us a competitive deal. Or would it just be Thomas Cook or first advice!

I still feel like we can’t generate the same kind of legit revenue than the global teams. We probably can’t sell as many corporate seats, and I’m not sure I want us to. And if we have to accept the consequences of that, then I’m fine with that. A few years of cheating to beat the reds a bit, and then a few years playing lower leagues again. Fine by me. ‘my football journey’ as someone once said.
Disagree with most of this but you're entitled to your views.

For me, people need to get rid of the notion, that how many seats you fill(we do much better on that than they make out also) or even how many overseas fans a club has is the only measure a sponsor values a club at. That reeks of Liverpool fan talk.

I'd still ask if you paid attention to which club who toured the USA in the summer had the biggest attendance? Anyone saying they were "probably there to see Bayern" needs to revisit that game and notice that Blue shirts vastly outnumbered Bayern colours.

Challenging, winning, having the best players, playing the most CL games, being one of the most watched teams in the world(nobody can argue they aren't) for over 10 years matter just as much if not more. Just look at the years Liverpool's revenue increased by the biggest percentage and try and work out why that was.

City were apparently already looking for a different shirt sponsor until COVID impacted the world economy. No doubt the UEFA and PL mud that's been slung at City will have effect on which sponsors would be interested now but that's after the fact. So, they can't use that as an argument why City's sponsorships are inflated before that damage was done, because that would be disingenuous/bad faith. UEFA never made that claim themselves because atleast one of their approved auditors said otherwise, even after the increase to £67m in 2014. That was before Pep arrived and took things to the next level.

Last edited:
BBC United Headline after City were cleared by CAS.

Look at the first part of the headline. Then flip it with the 2nd part of the headline as it should have been.

08-ED3003-A269-4-C0-D-B641-217-D15-B82-BBC.png

The PL have made a huge gamble here. They don't want to be regulated by the government, thereby letting another bunch of corrupt individuals muscle in on their own corruption. Consequently, they've made a play to keep the government out of their affairs by sacrificing us on the altar of their sheer greed. This is as existential for the PL as it is for us. Thankfully, they don't seem to be very bright given the mistakes made in their initial press-release today which leads me to believe that given a fair wind we'll bury the cunts. It's being given a fair wind that has me worried.
Sorry if it has already been discussed, but enlighten me on the mistake they made

The allegations against City can be as serious as the PL wants, it's proving it that is the problem for them.

I don't see how they can prove off book payments were given to managers and players or that we have cooked the books?

If evidence of cooking the books existed this would be a matter for HMRC and other agencies rather than the PL?

I do think they'll find us guilty on not cooperating with the investigation but not on all 30 charges. So I expect a heavy fine for that.

Mental how much influence these red clubs have.
It's those 2 yank owned shits, never get investigated for all their misdemeanours and there are many, yet allowed to wage a war against us cos they're skint and not top dogs.

Fuckin Bullshit after Bullshit from them, meant to be so popular and both for sale but no fucker is interested, too greedy that's why, price too high and milked every last penny already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.