PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

One or two of the charges are for not complying with UEFA rules and the only one we were actually found guilty on by CAS was for non-cooperation with UEFA, so the PL will probably fine us for not cooperating with UEFA and themselves. Can they fine us for getting fined by UEFA?
The premier need to fine Uefa for reputational damage to one of its clubs…

They accused us of wrongdoing! Where is our damages ?

One or two of the charges are for not complying with UEFA rules and the only one we were actually found guilty on by CAS was for non-cooperation with UEFA, so the PL will probably fine us for not cooperating with UEFA and themselves. Can they fine us for getting fined by UEFA?
They’d fine us for having a crap security policy (hacking), to allow another club to access our systems, if they could.

Not as confident as at CAS. I was pretty certain we would win that one.

I'm about 65/35 on this one, simply because I fail to see how the reporting of it doesn't prejudice the panel, no matter how learned or esteemed it will be.

Can only take City at their word they are pretty confident we will win again, but I don't see a home run and envisage a big fine again for non cooperation and maybe a transfer ban over a couple of windows just to limit our progression over the image rights set-up.

I trust Lord Pannick to make the difference.
But surely if the club are confident then it's complete exoneration they will seek not a halfway house situation or semi compromise again?
If the club are confident then it should fight to be clear on all counts.

Nope. I wrote City are confident.

My own personal opinion is that we will win but are unlikely to come out scot-free (taking medicine) whether it be in the form of a fine for non cooperation or a poss transfer ban for how we set up for Mancini or player payments.
Transfer ban after we make sure we spend in the summer & January

Nope. I wrote City are confident.

My own personal opinion is that we will win but are unlikely to come out scot-free (taking medicine) whether it be in the form of a fine for non cooperation or a poss transfer ban for how we set up for Mancini or player payments.
If I were being cynical I could ask if you have been tasked with managing our expectations given the upward trajectory of optimism over the last couple of days ;-)

My understanding of Portugese law is not great but I have been dipping into and out of the trial in the foreign media. Pinto has pleaded not guilty but has admitted asking for payment to return hacked documents to various football agents linked to Sporting Lisbon and Benfica. His absurd defence was that he was "just testing" to see if they would pay up as part of his "whistleblowing" activities and it wasn't really extortion! He has also admitted hacking into various bank accounts (including a pension fund) and transferring money into his own Swiss account which he then repaid later after cutting some deal with the bank where he helped them to prevent further thefts. It is all very strange. He is currently awaiting the verdict which is due in April.
Ok cheers for the update

Owner investment has a cap on it for FFP purposes.

The club can be given more as long as it's exempt from FFP calculations (e.g. building work), but nowhere near 100M a year (it varies from UEFA FFP and PL FFP).

The key point is that much of the Abramovich loan was for building at Stamford Bridge and the hotels - it didn't go into FFP calculations, and therefore is irrelevant from any sniping.
Like the Dippers exploring the possibility of building a new stand at a cost of £50m.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.