PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Mehh. The article wasn't that bad if you ignore dramatic licence, the occasional balls up on the sequence of events and one or two deliberate errors, like being owned by an investment fund, and talking about the 200 million allegation, then saying the most serious charges were time-barred. But overall, less inflammatory than I thought it would be. It's the press, right? No reason to be true and fair, or avoid dishonest concealment of some truths.
that's a lot of stuff to ignore lol

Make of this what you will, but I've just been privy to some startling information that would blow the lid off PGMOL and the power brokers at the Premier League, if it became public. It involves a recording of a conversation between the match day referee and VAR official at a recent away match, a recording that is now in the hands of City.

It's my firm belief that City have compiled a dossier so incendiary, that the Premier League will have no choice but to totally exonerate the Club of any wrongdoing. If they don't, this is going nuclear. Either way, we hold all the cards and this explains why we're so bullish about the eventual outcome. The Premier League are on the back foot, and in my opinion, are currently lobbying the membership as to how best to quietly end the process. I have also been advised that at least one of the "Nasty 9" has had board level discussions with City, distancing themselves from the others in the cabal.

Pep's press conference tells us all we need to know. Watch it again, look at the anger and barely controllable rage in the mans eyes. His attitude wasn't based upon him being reassured about some poxy finances & bullshit charges, it was because he KNOWS exactly what is coming.

Sit back and enjoy the ride Blues.
All of the broadcasting teams have access to the VAR officials and referees, it's why commentators sometimes know what's happening without there being further guidance on screen. I doubt "recordings" are hard to come by, anything we "leaked" would be known to about 100+ pundits, and the referees would have to be idiots to do anything in plain sight.

Mehh. The article wasn't that bad if you ignore dramatic licence, the occasional balls up on the sequence of events and one or two deliberate errors, like being owned by an investment fund, and talking about the 200 million allegation, then saying the most serious charges were time-barred. But overall, less inflammatory than I thought it would be. It's the press, right? No reason to be true and fair, or avoid dishonest concealment of some truths.

do you mean "if you ignore all the words"?

All of the broadcasting teams have access to the VAR officials and referees, it's why commentators sometimes know what's happening without there being further guidance on screen. I doubt "recordings" are hard to come by, anything we "leaked" would be known to about 100+ pundits, and the referees would have to be idiots to do anything in plain sight.
The notion that there is a smoking gun based on an in-game conversation between officials is as preposterous as the club being involved in wholesale fraud.

This brings my earlier point back to the forefront. Companies in the UK only need to keep files for 6 years and can start destroying documents after that time. The evidential documentation that the PL seek may well no longer exist outside of public records. They chose to wait so long to bring these charges. Even by 2018 when the investigation began documents surrounding 2012 were being routinely and appropriately destroyed. Some of these charges go back to 2009…

They have already got the verdict they want and that is guilty as charges in the public eye and arena again.

All about reputational damage, a hope players walk, a hope Pep walks, a hope it puts signings off and a hope sponsors walk.

The more I think about this the more I think it’s a sham suite of charges with little to no merit whatsoever but they know it will never get to a stage where the charges are picked apart.

Make of this what you will, but I've just been privy to some startling information that would blow the lid off PGMOL and the power brokers at the Premier League, if it became public. It involves a recording of a conversation between the match day referee and VAR official at a recent away match, a recording that is now in the hands of City.

It's my firm belief that City have compiled a dossier so incendiary, that the Premier League will have no choice but to totally exonerate the Club of any wrongdoing. If they don't, this is going nuclear. Either way, we hold all the cards and this explains why we're so bullish about the eventual outcome. The Premier League are on the back foot, and in my opinion, are currently lobbying the membership as to how best to quietly end the process. I have also been advised that at least one of the "Nasty 9" has had board level discussions with City, distancing themselves from the others in the cabal.

Pep's press conference tells us all we need to know. Watch it again, look at the anger and barely controllable rage in the mans eyes. His attitude wasn't based upon him being reassured about some poxy finances & bullshit charges, it was because he KNOWS exactly what is coming.

Sit back and enjoy the ride Blues.
The only way we push a nuclear button is if that nuclear button has been pressed against us.
I.e. should anything like this exist I hope we never hear it because if we do, it means we’ve been hurt ourselves

There was a lot of noise about dossiers and smoking guns around cas time. People shouldnt get giddy. Likelihood is there isnt anything and if there is we never hear or see it anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.