PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The fact that he pays money into Arsenal’s bank account every year makes him totally impartial when his club will have insisted on this investigation too?

Flip it round. If it was Arsenal who were charged and he concluded “nothing to see here” that would be a ‘Fair enough moment’?
You can argue it all day. It will not be an irregularity in terms of the Arbitration Act

Remember when UEFA charged City last time there was a programme on Irish TV and Niall Quin was discussing City's plight with Graham Souness. Quinn stated that for him al City's success was tainted. Sourness stood up for City and reminded him of the great moments that we have gone through since the takeover and the redevelopment of the area. With friends like Niall Quin we don't need enemies. I know the post is a bit random but I thought I would get it off my chest.
Niall Quinn is a prick. End of.

I suspect that Yves Leterme may be getting a letter from our lawyers shortly.

"it turned out that money from sponsorship was actually paid by the owner."

"Finally, there were also the ambiguities surrounding contracts. However, thanks to emails and bank statements, we had hard evidence.

If they had 'hard evidence' then why did CAS reverse the decision?

"The problem, however, was that UEFA's ruling could be contested with an arbitration committee, which does not fall under the real judiciary. Those arbitrators are always drawn from 10 to 12 of the same people and can reduce the sentence because they consider it too severe."

Except they threw it all out excepting for the 'failure to co-operate' because they considered the charges to be unsubstantiated. Not because they thought it was too severe.

Pure nonsense and sounds very bitter.
A man who resigned as Belgium PM due to a scandal

Ok, if this is the level of debate, lets leave it there. It is not obtuse emphasising the word "serious" it is the key word - trivial allegations such as Rosen's football allegiance are irrelevant. There is no provable corruption I'd suggest. But yes if there is corruption, we can take it to court. Happy now?
I know you’re a City fan posting in good faith and you clearly have more knowledge on this subject than the vast majority on here. However, you are the only person I have seen anywhere say we cannot appeal to the courts. Surely a PL panel handing down a punishment, that can see a multi-billion pound business go out of business, would be something City could argue was “serious”?

Either your interpretation is wrong, or you are absolutely the top bollocks on this subject, in which case, I am wondering why you are posting on here and not being paid £80k per day by City to lead our case instead?

I agree, but there's also the fact that we are getting more and more powerful financially wise. At the current rate, we are going to dwarf United's revenues in 5-10 years. They are shit scared about the prospect of City (and Newcastle) dominating the league (and the CL).

They won't destroy City, though. Not only because we employ brilliant lawyers, but also because we are an essential part of the history of the league. Iconic goals and iconic title races can't and won't be wiped out. IMO, our titles are largely safe. The realistic worst case scenario is going down in the Championship, but it's not likely. IMO, we'll be hit by sanctions which will weaken us for several years and allow the likes of Arsenal, United, Chelsea...to win titles. Given our brilliant legal team, I hope I'm being pessimistic and we are completely victorious.
And this would expose who the real cheats are. Alternatively is their thinking that the PL will lose and with the perceived fallout it will become more acceptable to their supporters to breakaway and form a European Super League.

Truly bizarre stance but I suppose understandable. This individual is a tarnished Belgian politician who steered what became a huge public failure for UEFA. Frankly, he’s already demonstrated his own poor judgement and lack of competence. No wonder Ceferin offered City a deal.
It's almost Scooby Doo isn't it.

UEFA: "We'd have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky independent arbitrators"

The fact that he pays money into Arsenal’s bank account every year makes him totally impartial when his club will have insisted on this investigation too?

Flip it round. If it was Arsenal who were charged and he concluded “nothing to see here” that would be a ‘Fair enough moment’?
mate that is a feeling but we cannot go to court with feelings. if we are wronged as per the rules we can go the court. the rules are pretty tight. the panel has to follow english law and the panel has to follow fairness and its own rules regarding that. if we think they are not then we can go to court.

It seems bizarre that the fact we can't appeal (many seem to be claiming) is their strongest hand rather than the actual "case" against us.
Leterme is as dirty as they come. Also sits (or at least sat) on one of the VW Group boards which obviously ties in nicely with Bayern. What he has to say on the matter means fuck all.

Hairdoo once again is a voice of reason. We need to calm down and view things as objectively as we can.
This morning many folk are shitting themselves because it appears there is no direct appeal route for City to the High Court.
Now while this may be the situation it does not mean that the case or certain aspects of it won't end up there eventually. It most certainly will, if the PL behaves like some cheerleaders in the media who have effectively declared us guilty already.

I will not get involved in the nitty gritty of this debate but one thing that I am certain off after my stay on this planet is that the law and rules are never clear.
I did have to read TH's post that you quoted twice, the 2nd line I read as City were expecting more than a fine which gave me pause for thought (and a slight rise in heart beat) :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.