Leroy Sané

Would you have Sane back?

• Total voters
I don't think its wingers I think it's wide players who aren't one dimensional ie Grealish and Mahrez
They didn't last long in Pep's set up (although that could be partly down to Bayern's interest with Sane)

They didn't last long in Pep's set up (although that could be partly down to Bayern's interest with Sane)
partly - its also becuase )as we have been discussing in other threads about our recent tactics and how the team is playing) that Sane, like Foden for example take risks, and dont retain possession because they want to beat players or make difficult passes (in fodens case).....Sane used to get pelters from Pep cause he lost possession all the time......however what we have now in our wide players is one dimensional non risk takers who are not progressive in attack and mostly just retain possession as Pep is so scared of being caught on the break....and so are the players....Mahrez and Grealish are perfect for pep - they keep possession - unfortunately they dont win you many games between them and especially when the chips are really down or against very good oppostion.

Wouldn’t take him back, good player in part but also not trusted in many games by Pep when he was a better player so why would he be now.

partly - its also becuase )as we have been discussing in other threads about our recent tactics and how the team is playing) that Sane, like Foden for example take risks, and dont retain possession because they want to beat players or make difficult passes (in fodens case).....Sane used to get pelters from Pep cause he lost possession all the time......however what we have now in our wide players is one dimensional non risk takers who are not progressive in attack and mostly just retain possession as Pep is so scared of being caught on the break....and so are the players....Mahrez and Grealish are perfect for pep - they keep possession - unfortunately they dont win you many games between them and especially when the chips are really down or against very good oppostion.
We won't sign another one with Pep still in charge. Possession is key as the main part of his set. Fresher players in midfield is the top priority.

Pretty much exactly my thoughts. It's nice to see Grealish's form improve as he seems a decent lad and I actually like Mahrez too. Neither are as dynamic as Phil though and other than Haaland and Walker we have no pace in the side whatsoever. Frustratingly Pep even mentioned that himself this week with the Leipzig game.

I can't think of an attribute that Grealish and Mahrez has over Foden. At a push Mahrez's first touch and Grealish's ability to draw a foul. Everything they do Phil does better and provides more in addition. For me you play either Mahrez or Grealish and have Foden on the other wing offering something different.

I didn't want us to sign Grealish from an English perspective as I thought they'd limit one another's game time and so it's proved. I always thought Phil was the better footballer and I still think that, now even more so. Perhaps Pep's that stubborn and having Jack on the bench would be an admission that it was a £100 million mistake. He may have improved the squad as a whole but for me he doesn't improve the starting 11.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.