Leroy Sané

Would you have Sane back?

• Total voters
Just out of interest, is there actually any evidence to back up this claim that Pep couldn't motivate him? Because to me it seems that this is a bit of a myth that has grown over time.

The fact is that he was a key member of our 2018/19 title-winning side. Sure, he wasn't quite as on fire as the previous season but he still contributed a lot, not least in that epic home win over Liverpool. He then picked up that serious injury in the 2019 Community Shield that kept him out for virtually the whole of the following season.

Far from Pep binning him off, it was always the case that Sane's head was turned by Bayern and it was he who rejected a contract extension with us.
And at the swamp.

partly - its also becuase )as we have been discussing in other threads about our recent tactics and how the team is playing) that Sane, like Foden for example take risks, and dont retain possession because they want to beat players or make difficult passes (in fodens case).....Sane used to get pelters from Pep cause he lost possession all the time......however what we have now in our wide players is one dimensional non risk takers who are not progressive in attack and mostly just retain possession as Pep is so scared of being caught on the break....and so are the players....Mahrez and Grealish are perfect for pep - they keep possession - unfortunately they dont win you many games between them and especially when the chips are really down or against very good oppostion.
He's scared but we have conceded, if I'm not wrong, 10 more goals than at this stage last season.

Pity he didn’t stay and continue his development under Pep, he wouldn’t be underperforming at City now. Think it was a difficult decision for him to leave us, tempted by the giants of his home country offering him twice what we were, family pressure too. I’d love him to return.

I like the idea of Sane better than Sane the player.

He was electric at times, but we didn't see that all too often. It's the same story at Bayern. He just hasn't improved or reached his full potential.

I don't fault him for leaving, I'm still a fan, and I still think he's a good player - I just think we could do better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.