Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Yeah it was mad!

They’re habitual early leavers. Doesn’t matter what the KO time is or opposition (or result).

They can do what they want, but let’s be honest, It’s shit support.
Agree it’s a shambles, they’re a shambles - they give us all a bad name, but they’re selfish so they don’t care (apologies to the 1% who have to catch a flight or have to go home in an emergency or whatever)

Seemed great, but why all the mocking about Liverpool fans leaving with 15-20 minutes to go, some City fans weren’t far behind them out the gates
Seriously like if you can’t stay to the end to clap the team off after that performance at 2.15pm on a spring afternoon then I give up
A good many missed the 2nd goal too.

Seen a fair few Twitter gimps commenting on a silent etihad again. I thought bitter numpties because it was bouncing. Anyway I watched it back this morning and they are right it sounded muted. If that was anfield it would have been 16 mics at the kop end, volume 99 and interrupting adverts for all cameras on the kop for walk alone.
Anyway loved the ‘we’re not really here’ need to hear more of it as it’s relevant again and the whole ground joins in.

Seen a fair few Twitter gimps commenting on a silent etihad again. I thought bitter numpties because it was bouncing. Anyway I watched it back this morning and they are right it sounded muted. If that was anfield it would have been 16 mics at the kop end, volume 99 and interrupting adverts for all cameras on the kop for walk alone.
Anyway loved the ‘we’re not really here’ need to hear more of it as it’s relevant again and the whole ground joins in.

My partner has had a foot operation and couldn’t go. She watched the match on the TV. She said the same thing. She said the singing was loud after the goals, but that was it. The rest of the time the atmosphere sounded flat. I did tell her the Etihad was rocking for the most part, bar quiet periods in the 1st half at 1-1 and near full time when people were leaving early. Something definitely isn’t right with the pitch side microphones as there’s no way they shouldn’t have picked up the great atmosphere yesterday. The comparison with Anfield is interesting and true.

Strange how it's not a problem when fans can be arsed
After every half decent atmosphere the acoustics don't matter brigade comes out in full force. I've always said that for big games the atmosphere takes care of itself.

Acoustics help in those games when the crowd is less up for it, because the unfortunate truth is that the atmosphere won't be like that every game of the season.

Simple crowd psychology will tell you that more of the crowd will join in more of the time if the acoustics are better.

My partner has had a foot operation and couldn’t go. She watched the match on the TV. She said the same thing. She said the singing was loud after the goals, but that was it. The rest of the time the atmosphere sounded flat. I did tell her the Etihad was rocking for the most part, bar quiet periods in the 1st half at 1-1 and near full time when people were leaving early. Something definitely isn’t right with the pitch side microphones as there’s no way they shouldn’t have picked up the great atmosphere yesterday. The comparison with Anfield is interesting and true.
There is nothing wrong with the pitch side mics, the bastards just need to turn them on.

Haaaland throwing a sicky. He’s not injured. Jumping up and down doing the Poznan. ;-)

I was in 222 yesterday and feeling slightly under the weather all day. After a muted celebration on our equaliser an absolute clown who was like a performing monkey in front of me turned round and gave me a grilling. He clearly was on a day trip and you could tell he was possibly on his first visit or hadn’t been very often. Your Scouse aren’t you etc etc.

After asking him if he was the celebration police and telling him to fuckoff didn’t hear another peep thankfully. He left on 82!

I thought the atmosphere was good again yesterday. There was a little lull when they scored but, on the whole, it was rocking. Nice to see the Poznan is back this season.

What struck me yesterday was the noise when Jack busted a gut to stop salad making that pass for 2-0. And, on a number of other occasions too! Never heard noise like that for winning the ball or tackle. Brilliant.

As mentioned, doesn't matter what time KO, loads piss off early. Oh well, never mind.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.