Metrolink to / from Etihad

It was absolutely brilliant today. A 2 minute wait at St Peter’s Square and less than that at the Etihad coming back. I even got a seat on the way back.

Keep up this service.

Totally agree. Turned up at Deansgare Castlefield at 17:55. An Ashton tram turned up full & standing, but there was a special to Etihad Campus on the screen 3 minutes behind it (and another 3 mins behind that) so waited for that & it was empty.
Coming back, got on a special heading towards Trafford Bar & again easily got a seat.

It was absolutely brilliant today. A 2 minute wait at St Peter’s Square and less than that at the Etihad coming back. I even got a seat on the way back.

Keep up this service.
What !!!!! At 7pm there was on tram going from Piccadilly to Ashton. No one could get on, we tried to get a cab and then tried the next Met which was equally rammed. The trams were all stuck behind the broken down one so the service as usual was fucked. We were lucky to then get a cab.
You must have been very very lucky. It is a total shit show.

What !!!!! At 7pm there was on tram going from Piccadilly to Ashton. No one could get on, we tried to get a cab and then tried the next Met which was equally rammed. The trams were all stuck behind the broken down one so the service as usual was fucked. We were lucky to then get a cab.
I have seen me buy a day ticket,get a tram on the Salford Quays direction,get off and go on the other side for a tram to the Etihad.
Would not think of boarding at the Gardens or Piccadilly Station.
Try the bus,longer but far more civilised.

Fylde coast blue travelling to the next home match against Palace. After the last match it took nearly 3 hours to get home by car, due to traffic. Thinking of coming by train to Piccadilly, and then by Metro link to the Etihad. How long does it usually take after a match to get back to Piccadilly by Metro?

Thank you in advance.
On the metro no longer than 10 minutes but the cue can take a while, I waited after the Newcastle game for about 20 minutes maybe & I came from level 3 SS with a toddler so furthest away as possible.

Below is an excerpt from an MUEN article today on Sunday's marathon chaos for affected residents, shows what can be done if they want:

"Metrolink will be operating a six-minute frequency on the Altrincham line with more double trams and increased capacity on the network".

We left the restaurant at around 7:20 and walked to St Peter’s Square and a tram arrived almost immediately. We were in the stadium in plenty of time to buy a beer before the match.

Getting a tram from Piccadilly Station close to the kickoff can be difficult as most will be filled at Piccadilly Gardens if not St Peter’s Square. I would usually not bother on a dry day as the walk is only around 25 minutes. There was no option before the tramway opened.

Sometimes it is worth getting a tram going the other way to Deansgate or even Cornbrook, and then get a seat on another one coming back.

We left the restaurant at around 7:20 and walked to St Peter’s Square and a tram arrived almost immediately. We were in the stadium in plenty of time to buy a beer before the match.

Getting a tram from Piccadilly Station close to the kickoff can be difficult as most will be filled at Piccadilly Gardens if not St Peter’s Square. I would usually not bother on a dry day as the walk is only around 25 minutes. There was no option before the tramway opened.

Sometimes it is worth getting a tram going the other way to Deansgate or even Cornbrook, and then get a seat on another one coming back.
Annoyingly we had said lets walk back to Peters Sq...... but didn't. I fully accept it was because the broken down tram caused a back log but it is an very unreliable old fashioned system.

The fuckers have excelled themselves tonight, absolutely appalling service from the stadium after the game. Useless bunch of incompetent twats.
I saw the queue and couldn’t face it. Walked to town and got one from Picc Gardens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.