Metrolink to / from Etihad

I went to The Swamp for the league cup defeat some years back and the queue for a tram back in to town was awful. I got one going to other way (Altrincham?), got off at the next stop and caught one back in to town.

Thankfully so many reds are so thick that they didn’t think to do it.

No direct trams from Altrincham yesterday, obviously finished any engineering works they were doing.

They did however put on an empty double to Altrincham from Piccadilly after the game.

Are they starting to take note - nah don’t think so for a moment.

No direct trams from Altrincham yesterday, obviously finished any engineering works they were doing.

They did however put on an empty double to Altrincham from Piccadilly after the game.

I think that Metrolink are slowly but inexorably getting better.
Last night I waited for 8 minutes on the Ashton bound platform ( not too much of an ordeal to be fair).
I decided not to get on this particular tram( which was a double and was soon packed out to the rafters),as the
platform signs were showing that another double tram was due 2 minutes later.
And sure enough,it pulled up almost empty as everyone had jumped on the previous tram.
I actually got a seat for the first time ever on the homeward journey from the Etihad.
It waited at the platform for about 5 minutes to allow passengers to board and then it carried on ,but about 75% full . Well done Metrolink.

No they aren't. I walked into town and got a single from Piccadilly. The poor shoppers/theatre goers/shop lifters who tried to get on at every stop after couldn't. It is not fit fit purpose. It is run by clowns.

That wasn't put on for the game, it's the usual service. Would be much better if they could improve the frequency for an hour or so after the match.

Do any of you walk to the Newton Heath tram stop after the game? I was wondering how long it takes for a 60 year old man to walk it.

Do any of you walk to the Newton Heath tram stop after the game? I was wondering how long it takes for a 60 year old man to walk it.
Do you mean Central Park?

I'm 60 in a few weeks and will be doing that next season with the parking issues. I've walked there in the past when I was more local, it's about 20 mins from the end of the car parks.

Do you mean Central Park?

I'm 60 in a few weeks and will be doing that next season with the parking issues. I've walked there in the past when I was more local, it's about 20 mins from the end of the car parks.
I think Monsall is the nearest Metro stop to the Etihad on the Rochdale line.
Down Hulme Hall Lane, across Oldham Road and then a few hundred yards down Queens Road on the right hand side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.