FA Cup Final | What time are you setting off and from where?

Last call! anyone looking for travel tomorrow, I’ve got two free coach tickets from Radcliffe on the club’s official coaches. let me know and I’ll forward you the confirmation email

Since we‘ve all (presumably) received an actually quite useful e-mail from the club about fanzones, City-friendly pubs and suchlike (by the way, can anyone situate the Green Man for me, and what’s a pint in there like?), people should be advised that you cannot get to the Wembley Stadium stop from Marylebone tomorrow. Chiltern Railways are on strike.
If I mention it, it’s because it’s still on the info in the email.
It would be very bad news to rock up at Marylebone at about 1.30, pm, thinking you can get out there.
So it’s Wembley Park on the Met line, or Wembley Central on the Bakerloo, whether coming from north or south. Or bus.
The Green Man pub is on Dagmar Avenue, 10- 15 minutes walk or so from the stadium (stick HA9 8DF into Google maps). It's good for atmosphere (bit manic for my liking, but hey ho) the beer is your usual Carling, Stella, Guinness stuff. If your life insurance is fully paid up, you might want to try their chicken!

Well that's us ready to smash the Rags at Wembley. Haircuts done,filled up with petrol,screenwash filled up,tyres checked,city gear washed & ironed.
KEEP THE FAITH CTID

The Green Man pub is on Dagmar Avenue, 10- 15 minutes walk or so from the stadium (stick HA9 8DF into Google maps). It's good for atmosphere (bit manic for my liking, but hey ho) the beer is your usual Carling, Stella, Guinness stuff. If your life insurance is fully paid up, you might want to try their chicken!
And sometimes they ship a load of Aussie barmaids in to serve the beers :)

Guys, anyone leaving after eight tomorrow might need to think again?

Left Sale this morning at half nine, didn't get to Warwick until 1, in Banbury for half two.

The M6 and M42 is brutal with inside lane closed every six miles or so due to motorway 'improvements'

A few Blues already on the road and beeping horns.
Took me six hours from Preston to near Oxford. Terrible traffic and roadworks. Went by the M40 and didn’t see a single Rag. Blues at every service station and this is their route!

I was going that way from beaconsfield to the ground,where am I best heading for now ?

That a bit of a tricky one, isn’t it?
Looks to me as though you’ve got to get across to Amersham (not sure how far away you are, never heard of Beaconsfield, which is odd, because I grew up in places like Pinner, Harrow-on-the-Hill, Hatch End, so I should know it!), either in your own car, or get someone to drive you, or Uber. Once you’re there, you’re home free — Met line into Wembley Park.
Obviously, you want to think ahead about arrangements for the return trip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.