VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re not a blue, you’re not even a red, you’re a fucking robot trotting out the same PiGMOB PR every single week.
Agreed a boring nob but hey at least we have 2 with 1 to go-refs allowing

Here we go. This is why it is bollocks.

PGMOLs excuses lined up:

Casemiro challenge wasn't a clear and obvious red (I thought the referees made those decisions?) so they couldn't intervene by recommending a yellow or changing the free-kick.

Grealish penalty was correct by the letter of the law (it wasn't) but the law may be changed next year.

de Bruyne penalty was a coming together.(no it wasn't), not enough in it to change the referee's decision (yes there was). Wouldn't have been overturned if the referee had given it.

Did I miss anything? Waiting for Dale Johnson at ESPN to confirm.

It's easy, this gaslighting lark.. and people on here fall for it as well.
You did miss one incident, as did everyone else.

Wan-Bissaka handball. Proximity to the ball was greater than the Grealish penalty. Hit his hand? Yes. Arm in unnatural position? It was by his side, but Grealish's hand wasn't really in an unnatural position considering he was jumping.

Difference is, City players didn't immediately appeal for the decision. Foden tried to continue the attack. He did then run to the referee asking for a penalty for handball, but they just got on with the game without further mention of the incident.

They had already set the standard for giving a penalty at very soft. This one should at least have been referred to the referee.
a408bb7126a76ab9ae89b447dd77755f.jpg

Wan-Bissaka handball. Proximity to the ball was greater than the Grealish penalty. Hit his hand? Yes. Arm in unnatural position? It was by his side, but Grealish's hand wasn't really in an unnatural position considering he was jumping.

Difference is, City players didn't immediately appeal for the decision. Foden tried to continue the attack. He did then run to the referee asking for a penalty for handball, but they just got on with the game without further mention of the incident.

They had already set the standard for giving a penalty at very soft. This one should at least have been referred to the referee.
Absolutely. After jacks was given this should have been too

Nailed on!

All I want is honesty.

No one has the balls to ask Webb does entertainment value come into play with some VAR decisions.

For example, Ca$himero's tackle yesterday. Had it been refereed correctly and he had been red carded it could have turned the match into a training game for us and that's not good for TV. Was that decision made to protect the product over the laws of the game?

If they admitted it I'd half accept it and would get so pissed off about it. Currently my belief is it's used to manipulate matches for both entertainment, and corrupt purposes I would like to be proven wrong.
I've long said that the game is 'organised' for TV viewing. Milners non sending off against us the other season was so we could have an end to end last ten minutes. They don't want the F A cup final to be over after 30 minutes because of a red card. Referees are told and players know they can get away with bad tackles because of it.

Can anyone on here tell me the last time var ruled, controversially against the rags ?
I'm not talking about offsides, I mean something similar to the debruyne non penalty, the Casamero leg breaker or the Grealish so called hand ball. Three incidents in one match going for them, I think posters will struggle to find one incident in a match going against them, let's see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.