City Victory Parade - 2022/23

Hastily arranged because of waiting for Saturday's result so no surprise it wasn't quite as smooth as previous ones. Weather didn't help. Presenters had to fumble for way too long and then deal with very drunk players and keeping things moving on schedule. Silly questions for Pep and some dangerous moments with the number of people in a small space, glad everyone is okay.

Next year they will plan it better and make a bigger route I am sure. Will be 7 trophies too.
Sir relax I understand your frustration but we have just won the treble and humans are going go be humans when you mix drink, crowds and excitement.

Let’s all try and enjoy the moment and just a heads up they are using your quotes on the opposition forums to mock us and call us small time.

This was a massive achievement and they had very little time to plan such a massive undertaking. Have a drink and try and relax and be glad everyone got home safe.

I get this view but I still enjoyed it on the whole. I've no idea who decided a stage in those narrow streets of Oxford road was a good idea, I feared another Hillsborough at one point. Luckily the police were on the ball and fought the crowd back to close the gates. I had to laugh at the stewards trying to count people as thousands barged past.

It could have gone very wrong I agree, I will say all the blues near us were very calm and handled themselves well, it could have been much worse as it was asking for trouble the bottleneck we were all in near the stage.

What a fucking evening that was.

Squished between thousands of Blues on St Mary's Gate, all four buses blasting techno. Pouring down with rain the entire time, City fans young and old screaming songs at the top of their lungs. The torrential downpour added to it. Made it cinematic as fuck and so intense.

Didn't bother going to the stage cos it's always a mess - try organising 40 pissed up blokes and you'll get nowhere - and the best highlights end up coming through on YouTube and Twitter anyway. Sounds like the weather got in the way of some bigger plans but hey ho, it's the treble that really matters.

After it died down we all went for a smashing meal instead in the Corn Exchange. My mum, who's been a blue since the early 70s, my dad, my fiancée. We got reflective. It just doesn't get better than this. The greatest City side of all time, arguably the greatest English side of all time. And we support them.

Bastard, we can’t all be there, hope you enjoy it, but remember there are a lot of fans who can’t be there, no need to be nasty about those who can’t.
Don't lose sleep over me.
And please don't ever call me a bastard you southern ****, yeah????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.