82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah,Lewis did very well,he has a wonderful attitude and approach and looks to be a sponge as far as learning goes......but the best player on the park was Foden.

Yeah second best for me foden he drifted in and out the game a bit but that’s probably due to him sticking to one side Lewis seem to have free range to go everywhere! That’s how much pep rates the lad..

Still just a kid, what a season he's had, has had some nervy moments but doesn't look out of place at all

Only 18 the world is at his feet, will be interesting to see how Pep uses him I'm not expecting him to be brought in too often but this kid has an amazing future

You didn’t watch the game then just looked up stats to criticise a kid!

Pep see what I do that’s good enough for me..
Nothing like that. I used the same stats to defend Kalvin Phillips, Sergio Gomez, and Cole Palmer recently to counter what I saw as overly negative views of them. With Rico, it was more to address your MOTM comment. I think he was ok, but some people (not saying you) act like he is a MOTM every time he plays because of his age. I can see his talent, potential, and high ceiling at such a young age, so I fully agree with Pep. However, I thought it would be interesting to analyze his performances in a more constructive way (which I am sure the coaching team is doing with him daily) rather than simply saying what a great young kid he is, etc., since we all know that. Long story short, he was productive going forward and very active, BUT there are aspects of his game that need work (defensive and physical), or (my personal view) I would play him in midfield, in a Gundogan-type role. I don't see him as a defender. I would never trust him against any good winger. Conversely, he has this natural positioning ability which I think is what Pep loves about him, along with his great footballing brain. Overall, it was a great 1st season for him.

The lad has made a fantastic start to his first team career and has kept his head and done the simple things well and played in an unusual role of inverted full back and made it look easy so far. Still a very long way to go and you would expect he will have dips in form which will really test his confidence and self belief (Like Palmer I think is currently going through). He will make it as a decent footballer but still early to call out the level he will settle at just need to agree he is well above standard expected at this age and continue to support his progress and show patience when it, hopefully only occasionally stalls.

some will say its hyperbole but this kid changed our season around. Pep needed someone hungry and with positive attitude to send a message to the squad in terms of mindset if we were to take something out of this season and Rico did just that. Hope he stays with us and keeps improving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.