It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

When we lost Toure, Silva and Aguero we didn't go looking for the same type of players maybe if it will be the same with Gundogan replacement.
I agree that we evolved, rather than attempting to sign a like for like replacement, which is always difficult when you lose brilliant players as there simply aren’t that many of them to go around.

But with Toure, Kompany, Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho we lost one big player in successive years, rather than several in one summer. We therefore had more scope to tweak the team slightly against an otherwise stable backdrop, and find different ways to replace each of them.

At the moment we could be losing three, if not four big players this summer and so we may need to target like for like replacements, if that’s possible, in order to minimise the disruption. But I still think that we’ll have a lot of evolution. Rodri can definitely play further forward and Alvarez should get more game time next season as well.

Gundogan and Bernardo both likely gone. Kovacic cannot be the only midfielder we sign. Surely? Also not sure what we do on the RW considering Foden has transitioned centrally.

I agree that we evolved, rather than attempting to sign a like for like replacement, which is always difficult when you lose brilliant players as there simply aren’t that many of them to go around.

But with Toure, Kompany, Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho we lost one big player in successive years, rather than several in one summer. We therefore had more scope to tweak the team slightly against an otherwise stable backdrop, and find different ways to replace each of them.

At the moment we could be losing three, if not four big players this summer and so we may need to target like for like replacements, if that’s possible, in order to minimise the disruption. But I still think that we’ll have a lot of evolution. Rodri can definitely play further forward and Alvarez should get more game time next season as well.
To be fair mate, last summer we lost Fernandinho, Sterling, Jesus & Zinchenko in one hit. \0/

I dunno if this contributed to our early season struggles, but we did progress to achieve a treble by the end of it...

To be fair mate, last summer we lost Fernandinho, Sterling, Jesus & Zinchenko in one hit. \0/

I dunno if this contributed to our early season struggles, but we did progress to achieve a treble by the end of it...
Fair point, although I still think that (potentially) losing Gundogan, Bernado, Walker and Laporte would present a bigger disruption than we experienced last year.

Last year did show the need to sign quality though, and I hope whoever we sign end up being more like Haaland than Phillips and Gomez.

Fair point, although I still think that (potentially) losing Gundogan, Bernado, Walker and Laporte would present a bigger disruption than we experienced last year.

Last year did show the need to sign quality though, and I hope whoever we sign end up being more like Haaland than Phillips and Gomez.

As we bring in the right players it’s good to get a refresh after what we have won and those players pushing 30 or older….

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.