Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like we’ve only got the tip in and aren’t balls deep like Arsenal are. If Arsenal end up conceiving a signing out of it then their extra thrust will be the difference.

Last edited:
We spoke again to Sullivan last night.

Pep has also spoken to Rice.

Phillips still needs to go out I think.

Interesting as last I heard was there’s been no chatter between city and Rice’s team as of yet. That’s not to say Pep hasn’t spoken directly with Rice, but the club and agent side haven’t had a single talk.

Why do people (purported City fans) make posts like this slyly trashing some of our players? I just don't get it.
Trashing?? lmao

I'm comparing us player for player with, arguably, the best club team ever.

Is it trashing Foden to say he's not yet as good as prime Iniesta?
Is it insulting to say Dani Alves was a better right-back than Akanji?
Am I not a City fan because I think peak Busquets still edges out 26 year old Rodri?

Come on now, be serious. If you disagree with me that's great but I'm certainly not trashing our players.

Sounds like we’ve only got the tip in and aren’t balls deep like Arsenal are.
This is only the correct assessment. We probably made enquiries which we probably do with lot of players but this got leaked. We never made a bid too so it was basic enquiry and again price was something to be looked at given we probably are going to give similar outlay for Gvardiol potentially

It sounds as simple as city wanted him- engaged with West Ham for negotiations while also engaging with rice team- were confident they could do the deal with West Ham but found there wasn’t the keenness on the rice side for the deal, as he prefers arsenal and as such city have cooled interest and will probably only move at this stage if a move to arsenal was completely off and rice changes his mind
Where have all these assumptions come from?

Forgive me if you have said this but is there any confirmation Rice would join city over arsenal? Does he want to play under Pep
Ask yourself these questions. Would City be talking to Sullivan/Rice if they hadn't been given assurances over Rice's decision (maybe they haven't had it if there has been no bid?). Also would Rice be still considering City if he hadn't been given assurances over playing time?

Don't forget McAtee

For certain & I think Palmer may have a role. He’s played well on the wing, it’s when he plays centre he struggles to have the impact.

We are moving away from Sterling type players as pace doesn’t help with low blocks (10 behind the ball) we now use ball carriers. It takes 3 to stop Grealish which then creates space for others. I know Pep stuck with a main 11 for the run in but I think that was due to the flow of the team. It doesn’t mean players won’t come in from the cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.