Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trashing?? lmao

I'm comparing us player for player with, arguably, the best club team ever.

Is it trashing Foden to say he's not yet as good as prime Iniesta?
Is it insulting to say Dani Alves was a better right-back than Akanji?
Am I not a City fan because I think peak Busquets still edges out 26 year old Rodri?

Come on now, be serious. If you disagree with me that's great but I'm certainly not trashing our players.
Foden will likely never reach Iniesta's level, because the Spaniard is the best midfielder I've ever seen. But Phil has the ability to be the best English midfielder. No doubt.

Alves is probably the greatest right back ever. Nothing more to add.

The Busquets one is difficult. As a pure DM, he's the best ever. But Rodders has more to his game; he progresses the ball forward more and has a rocket I never saw in Busquets.

Pep's Barca is the greatest club team ever. But Pep's current iteration of City aren't far behind, and who knows how better we'll get after slight evolution.

I agree, it's not trashing our players. They have skill sets that are uniquely theirs and will leave legacies that are uniquely theirs.

I'd play Messi and Haaland for sure.
For sure me too (same could go for KDB/Xavi, Busquets/Rodri and Puyol/Dias) I just decided to 1 vs 1 each player per position they played that year (Messi played as a F9 in 2011).

The best 11:
Ederson
Puyol Stones Dias
Rodri Busquets
Messi KDB/Xavi Iniesta Villa
Haaland

Last edited:
We spoke again to Sullivan last night.

Pep has also spoken to Rice.

Phillips still needs to go out I think.

Think Phillips has clearly stated he will stay and try to get into the team. It is an admirable stance even though it will be difficult I reckon.

I remember Zini getting an offer from Wolves and city wanting to sell but he stayed and was a key player for us.

Not just location but I think playing time could be a sticking point. He wont be a guaranteed starter like he would be at Arsenal. They'll be trying to off load Partey so Rice can be a direct replacement.

Foden will likely never reach Iniesta's level, because the Spaniard is the best midfielder I've ever seen. But Phil has the ability to be the best English midfielder. No doubt.

Alves is probably the greatest right back ever. Nothing more to add.

The Busquets one is difficult. As a pure DM, he's the best ever. But Rodders has more to his game; he progresses the ball forward more and has a rocket I never saw in Busquets.

Pep's Barca is the greatest club team ever. But Pep's current iteration of City aren't far behind, and who knows how better we'll get after slight evolution.

I agree, it's not trashing our players. They have skill sets that are uniquely theirs and will leave legacies that are uniquely theirs.
I know this is getting a bit sidetracked from the topic of the thread, but Pep's Barcelona are, for me, the greatest football team of all time. Pep's City are the second greatest of all time. And I certainly think his Bayern side are a shout for the top five all-time teams, but with the disadvantage of having never won the CL.

If Declan Rice does not want to play for this man then that is his prerogative. He is perfectly entitled to want to stay in London. But if that is his primary reason for wanting to sign for Arsenal then it is not the most elite mentality. The greatest and most confident players don't need assurances about game time. They muscle their way in through ability and sheer will. Like him or not, Cristiano Ronaldo has that mentality that few can match. Erling Haaland. Kevin De Bruyne. None of those players worry about where they'll fit in.

Ask yourself these questions. Would City be talking to Sullivan/Rice if they hadn't been given assurances over Rice's decision (maybe they haven't had it if there has been no bid?). Also would Rice be still considering City if he hadn't been given assurances over playing time?
I thought nobody was given assurances over playing time? If Rice can't hack it, and in my humble opinion he's not good enough for us anyway, then go to Arsenal.

Where have all these assumptions come from?
Just putting together the fact that most journalists are leading today with rice prefers arsenal. We’ve heard we are interested from people on here and other journalists. A bid was supposed to be imminent but hasn’t arrived West Ham side again according to West Ham journalists and city journalists and some ‘ITK’ on here. We haven’t distanced ourselves cuz it may still happen if arsenal can’t meet West Ham’s demands.

I could be completely wrong but it sounds the most logical explanation no? If we don’t trust what any of these journalists are saying what’s the point of this thread- we may as well just wait for official club announcements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.