Cole Palmer

This really is a nonsense post. Why did we buy Grealish or Ake or Bernardo or Rodri then? According to your logic, all of them should have been sold or loaned out because they weren't performing at the highest standards. I'm sure Rodri would have done a great job in the Palace midfield. It's perfectly possible to come into the team and grow into it.
I think this lad is a talent and have thought so for some time. The next stage of his development (he did play a bit last year) would be to play more and gain more confidence, get that City mentality fine tuned with a view to kicking on and being an important member of the squad.

You forgot to read the bits where I said “now” didn’t you?.

Ffs.

I absolutely hope he stays, as it's clear as day he has some serious talent ..
I'm in that camp too As a few others have mentioned a review in January might be a way forward so player and club both have a clearer idea where they are on this as the situation seems quite fluid atm.

I think he's great and I hope he doesn't leave. I do, however, understand why he might want to.
I personally think he will be given plenty of game time this season but I don't have a fucking clue and I'm basing that on wishful thinking.
Cole is probably better equipped to determine that.

The lad has just recently been showing signs of being ready to start big games for us and people on here want him gone!!! I'm confused.
He wants to go! Said so himself and pep echoed those sentiments. No top club can guarantee a player mins especially a player trying to break into city’s first 11.

He’s scored 2 in 2 starts this year and in big games as well, why wouldn’t that continue if he was genuinely given a consistent run of games?

Wild that we aren’t giving him assurances imo
Agreed, deserves the chance IMO, instead of signing somebody from outside the prem who might not even have a good first season.

The lad has just recently been showing signs of being ready to start big games for us and people on here want him gone!!! I'm confused.
The match thread last night was bizarre. He was being slated by more than a few people for :

constantly coming inside rather than taking on his full back on the outside
not being able to use his right foot for anything other than standing on
not taking on his full back and instead turning back to make a backwards or square pass.

At times I thought I must be on the Mahrez thread because he was frequently being accused of the same things Mahrez did during the five years years solid service he gave us. Palmer has really only just broken through into the first team - give the kid a chance ffs (pun intended)

Pep likes to play wingers “on the wrong side” which is why we rarely see them going down the outside and, as others have said, the square and back passes are playing to team orders. Pep doesn’t want to lose the ball on the wings and risk getting hit on the break. I dont always like the way we play but Pep is in charge and he knows a lot more of football that I do.

The one thing I would say about Palmer at this stage of his career is that he needs to bulk up a bit. He‘s a bit lightweight and gets bounced off the ball too easily. Other than that I’d like to see him given a chance, he looks like he has bags of potential.

'higher ceiling' based on what exactly...?

Bobb hasn't started a single match at a higher level than the EDS for goodness sake.

Mcatee didn't make an impression in the preseason and your basis for his ceiling being higher than Palmers is solely on potential. I watched him a fair bit at Sheffield United last season and while he had a good knack for getting a G/A, he hardly ever wowed me with his performances over ninety minutes. Palmer has proven already that he can be at the least a valuable squad player for us.
Based purely on the eye test. Having watched them all regularly in the academy and beyond, that's my opinion. And it's no disrespect to Palmer, but simply indicative of how highly I rate McAtee and Bobb.

And of course it's based on their potential - that's what 'ceiling' means. I think they have more potential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.