Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Saudi league has just paid close to £50 million for mitrovic, a player who's best times have been spent in thw championship, Laporte has to be worth at least what we paid for him and I'd even suggest more.

They're willing to pay players crazy wages, they're willing to shell out crazy fees, but a treble winning Spain international defender that's yet to hit 30 and id argue will probably be the best player yet to be past it to move there if it goes through is worth €15 million less than fabinho? Nah. Poor business from us and would leave us short in another area. we can't get half as good of a replacement for that price but I fear we won't get anyone at all.

The Saudi league has just paid close to £50 million for mitrovic, a player who's best times have been spent in thw championship, Laporte has to be worth at least what we paid for him and I'd even suggest more.

They're willing to pay players crazy wages, they're willing to shell out crazy fees, but a treble winning Spain international defender that's yet to hit 30 and id argue will probably be the best player yet to be past it to move there if it goes through is worth €15 million less than fabinho? Nah. Poor business from us and would leave us short in another area. we can't get half as good of a replacement for that price but I fear we won't get anyone at all.
Goal scorers always go for more money. Saudi don’t care what Laporte has won. 29 CB who has not played much football.

You might value him at a higher price but nobody is offering more for him.

I very much doubt we'll be looking for a replacement now we have Gvardiol.

isnt gvardiol the replacement

Goal scorers always go for more money. Saudi don’t care what Laporte has won. 29 CB who has not played much football.
Of course they care what he's won. It's all about image for them. They are after the biggest names possible, signing a spanish international defender from the champions of Europe is a big image boost.

They paid €46 million for fabinho who looked past it 2 years ago, and didnt have a queue wanting him, dippers couldnt shove him out the door quick enough, there's no valid reason to get less money for Laporte than fabinho

I know it's wages off the books and the club wouldn't sell if it didn't suit the bottom line but there's no convincing me we couldn't have set a price closer to £40m and gotten it.

It's admirable how accommodating we are to good servants of the club but they're hardly not looked after when they're playing for us

I know it's wages off the books and the club wouldn't sell if it didn't suit the bottom line but there's no convincing me we couldn't have set a price closer to £40m and gotten it.

It's admirable how accommodating we are to good servants of the club but they're hardly not looked after when they're playing for us
Don’t think we set any price, that’s whats been offered and nobody is offering more, at least nobody he wants to go to or we want to sell to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.