Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite him still technically being here, i see him more as cancelos replacement. Either way, he's one body with 2 leaving, it leaves us short.

Rico Lewis is the Cancelo replacement. Gvardiol replaces Laporte. Our numbers in defence are good, midfield and the wings? Not so much....

There has to be some reason why nobody in Europe wanted him. I'd imagine we'd have asked for more from a Premier League club, but even so.

I'm irritated at the low fee, but it's clearly the right time for all parties to move on, so no point in holding out and risking keeping an unhappy player another season.

He's been a great servant.

Absurdly low fee, given his ability and experience. Bizarre that other clubs weren’t in for him. He’d walk into pretty much any other team in the league imo.
I'm fairly certain we'll be charging a premium to sell our players to domestic rivals from now on. We could have easily gotten closer to £40m from a Spurs or a Villa if he had any interest.

The reported 50-55m for both Mahrez and Laporte combined, is pretty low imo.

The reported 50-55m for both Mahrez and Laporte combined, is pretty low imo.
I was quite happy with Mahrez's fee but Laporte's is a joke in this market.

I'm sure he was on good wages so we're saving there, but the lack of interest for such a good player was strange.

I'm sure he was on good wages so we're saving there, but the lack of interest for such a good player was strange.
The lack of interest is reflected in the price. Not 1 decent team interested? Something going on that we are not privy to?

For what the player gave us I don’t have a problem with the fee. Look at Fred £11m. He cost the rags £50m.

I don't think the lack of interest is that strange. Us accepting such a low fee though, is. To me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.