Cole Palmer

Doku? No wonder Palmer is leaving there are people in the club uttering nonsense like this.
Hardly nonsense to suggest Palmer will be behind Doku in the pecking order.

Doku got six more league goals last season than Palmer has in his life.

Fine, great, he's on the pitch in a bit part sense at 18; I agree.

You're not defending the "footballing brain" part of your argument!

Here's the thing; now that the contact laws have changed, we'll see if he stays on his feet more cos the whistle won't blow for him nearly half as much, this season!

This is a rhetorical no need to answer. Are you ever happy

For 45m I would drive him myself. People have to remember Academy prospects (even with the best Academy in the world) very rarely reach to the top). For me three questions are the important ones:

Is Palmer the present at City? Clearly not.
Is Palmer important depth at City? No, in the sense that I don't see Pep thinking "Oh, Bernardo is tired, I'll play Palmer in the PL next match".
Is Palmer the future at City? Maybe, but he's 21 already. And it's not like Foden that you could easily see he was going to be a superstar.

45m for a gamble, I think it is a terrific price. And so far, no other Academy player is better than Foden, so all our sells were correct ones.

He will get less time at Chelsea for starters.

He only wants out because he wants to play football.

He'd be going nowhere if he was a regular.

No other club will offer 45/50m,but for the lad's sake id sooner see him go to a Brighton or similar.

He'll play loads at Chelsea.

Their current wing options are Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke and Hudson-Odoi. CHO is leaving, I suppose Jackson will go back to the wing when Nkunku gets fit, but that's months away. Madueke is shit, Palmer way better and Mudryk is in a very big slump and doesn't look like coming out of it soon.

If palmer signed for them today, he'd be in their best 11.

Fine, great, he's on the pitch in a bit part sense at 18; I agree.

You're not defending the "footballing brain" part of your argument!

Here's the thing; now that the contact laws have changed, we'll see if he stays on his feet more cos the whistle won't blow for him nearly half as much, this season!
Last year he fitted into our team like a veteran, incredible, to question his "footballing brain" at 18 is bizarre, even more so when is manager raves about it.

Should never be selling one of our own to Chavs
Sorry but just no...how the fuck can they just keep printing shed loads of money as well..?
They'll probably offer a 9 year contract. The fact they aren't in Europe which has already closed this loophole makes it doable. I heard the PL will close this loophole for next summer.

What 10 mins here and there?

It was touch and go for Foden and I think it's more precarious for Lewis.

Foden being an attacking phenom as a kid. Not sure I see Lewis the same way.
He started 11 PL games last season, which if memory serves is further ahead than Foden was at the same age. It's the same number of games Palmer has started across all competitions at 3 years older than him. Not many teenagers with more senior minutes in the country. Not sure it was touch and go for Foden either.

He wants first team minutes but can hardly complain as he didn’t really take his chances last season. Ironically looked better this season coming off the back of the U21 success in the summer which goes to show how much confidence plays it’s part.
Would prefer to see him go to Brighton preferably on loan to see what he could do but there is no guarantee he would get minutes there.
Chelsea would be a mistake in my opinion even if they are willing to pay £50m for him

He started 11 PL games last season, which if memory serves is further ahead than Foden was at the same age. It's the same number of games Palmer has started across all competitions at 3 years older than him. Not many teenagers with more senior minutes in the country. Not sure it was touch and go for Foden either.

When Foden was 20/21 - the age Palmer was last season - he started 36 games and played 50 with 26 goals and assists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.