PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Let's face it - it's going to be a hefty fine, a possible 3 point deduction and maybe a one window transfer ban for "administrative" infringements. The fine will be big enough and face saving enough to be headline.
The more serious allegations (which I don't believe we are guilty of) will be swept away.
Can we then demand an equal amount of scrutiny on the books of Liverpool and United?

The only issue I can see with the UAE / UK trade agreement would be if the PL found City guilty and by implication high ranking officials of the UAE effectively being accused of fraud

Let's face it - it's going to be a hefty fine, a possible 3 point deduction and maybe a one window transfer ban for "administrative" infringements. The fine will be big enough and face saving enough to be headline.
The more serious allegations (which I don't believe we are guilty of) will be swept away.
I don't want any fine or sanctions... the club should demand to be completely exhonerated.
Then we need every other PL team to have their books scrutinised in exactly the same manner our have been.

If we are completely cleared by the PL, you can rest-assured that rival fans will be convinced of a conspiracy: state influence, diplomatic barriers, under the counter payments, or an army of lawyers who swore a decade's worth of litigation. This is the tribalism of football, and it is especially the case with certain clubs who cannot handle that they no longer represent the elite level in English football. When the case is won, this stuff will not go away. It is best ignored to focus on having the best team, the best owners, the best manager and a host of records.
Dunno about you, but i absolutely relish that thought. i regularly "admit" that we are just cheating our way to titles....i find it pisses them off more than trying to refute everything.

Wallow in their misery i say

It’s absolutely pathetic that we’ve been waiting for 8 months now to hear anything about this, who will be on the panel, when we can expect to have a hearing etc.

There’s really no excuse, if they weren’t ready to bring the charges they shouldn’t have brought them, and neither party should be allowed to delay to this extent.

This could well go on for years. The likelihood is, whichever side "loses" will appeal the judgement. A face-saving exercise.

Unless there has indeed been some high level discussions.

The only issue I can see with the UAE / UK trade agreement would be if the PL found City guilty and by implication high ranking officials of the UAE effectively being accused of fraud
This was always the reading between the lines argument from CAS.

Translated into everyday English: do you know how serious your accusations are, do you know how many people would have to be involved in very serious breaches of business and criminal law, and do you know how significant your evidence would have to be to demonstrate that?

Followed by the government wanting to Abramovitch us as "punishment." As were owned by a UK company we've may have already considered that problem and avoided it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.