PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Little Gary Neville has said the following....

'But I do think when you present figures that are higher than Manchester United's commercial revenue, it is going to start raising eyebrows because Manchester United are global superpower when it comes to commercial revenue, so I can see why the Premier League are looking into it."

City have the best manager in the world, some of the best players, playing great football, significant investment globally, great leadership and become a global brand etc etc so it is not that surprising City are rubbing shoulders with old elite.

Utd have been a club in decline for some time with limited investment in the club with the exception of transfers etc.

So, to use a parallel, I know Amazon are not perfect in some ways. They were a pipedream of Bezos approx 2000.

Things change Gary. I think what he really means is he is envious...just admit it Gary. The tectonic plates have shifted Gary. Wake up.

Last 5 or so years, absolutely. Before that, not so much. Right or wrong, it would have raise eyebrows, even amongst blues.

Doesn't mean it warrants an investigation though, or is even inaccurate or breaching ffp rules.

The people who'll consider the case will be independent of the PL, extremely eminent and absolutely professional. Their integrity will be unquestioned.

I don't have any worries over whether the proceedings will be conducted fairly.
Similar point came up on one of my WhatsApp chats recently. Murray Rosen is King's Council, so will be more concerned about his integrity than point scoring between City & Arsenal.

I usually like his stuff but didn't like his headline on this. There is nothing in what he has demonstrated that would help him reach the conclusion that 'maybe' we are guilty. Quite the opposite. He uses excellent financial information to demonstrate exactly how our business plan has worked and worked brilliantly. I thought Colin did a far better job of putting the charges into context on Cheesys blog without the help of all them fancy charts.
He is entitled to say “maybe” but the critics will use that as more fodder.

He was desperate to create the narrative that Pep had made a mistake with Cancelo & Bernardo was struggling. I thought Bernardo was outstanding in his 3,6,8,11,7 role.
Everything Neville says is for the benefit of Neville's personal agenda.
He's to football management what Simon Jordan is to club ownership.
Both failed miserably in a role that they claim to be experts on whilst trying to preach and lecture everyone else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.