PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

No he wasn’t. It would be completely illegal and entirely unenforceable for his old club to do that.

Hardly. It depends on the settlement. Full payoff and no job as a manager for six months (or whatever) or partial payoff and no work restriction. It’s a contract between two parties that they agree to and abide by. Mancini had a contract with Inter with three years left when he was sacked so there would have been a lot of intense discussions to settle that one!

I seem to remember when Mancini was appointed something was said along the lines of Khaldoon already had a (working?) relationship with Mancini. The word trust(ed) may have been used too

Having said that my memory isn’t always as accurate as I’d like, so I might have made that up :)

Yep. That’s my recollection as well. Mancini was employed or working as a consultant. I assumed at the time it was more akin to paying him a retainer or having first option on his services should the City job come up.

Pretty sure Steffan has gone on record to say European and uk laws are the same and it is 6 years in both cases unless there is evidence of concealment then it’s fair game.
I'm not trained in law, so I would always defer to a trained lawyer. But most countries have a limitation period of 6 years. UEFA has its own limit of 5 years, so does not have to rely on laws of its member countries.

The PL does not specify it's own limitation period, so it must abide by English law which states that an action founded on tort (a wrongful act, outside of a contract, that results in injury or loss to another party) shall not be allowed after a period of 6 years has elapsed since the cause of the action.

There are exceptions from the general rule, and these are in Section 32 of The Limitation Act 1980. They are when:

(a) the action is based upon the fraud of the defendant; or
(b) any fact relevant to the plaintiff’s right of action has been deliberately concealed from him by the defendant; or
(c) the action is for relief from the consequences of a mistake;

307856091a28bd60bafc424fea78b407.jpg

It stinks to high heaven that other clubs are trying to force the proceedings along quicker.
I would imagine the hold up is our end as the pl have all the evidence to bring the charges, so that's why there's press from other clubs.
It took the pl 4 years to find their evidence so it could take us 4 years to prove them wrong.

I fucking hate the fucking dippers
More likely the hold up is because the PL have laid the charges and are now scurrying around trying to find some evidence

So what happened to all the other 10,000’s of hacked emails De Speigel were going to make public about other PL clubs, European clubs, managers, players and agents? Quietly forgotten about once they made the City emails public. A clear and orchestrated plan by De Speigel, aided by PL clubs and European clubs, and their owners.

I'm not trained in law, so I would always defer to a trained lawyer. But most countries have a limitation period of 6 years. UEFA has its own limit of 5 years, so does not have to rely on laws of its member countries.

The PL does not specify it's own limitation period, so it must abide by English law which states that an action founded on tort (a wrongful act, outside of a contract, that results in injury or loss to another party) shall not be allowed after a period of 6 years has elapsed since the cause of the action.

There are exceptions from the general rule, and these are in Section 32 of The Limitation Act 1980. They are when:

(a) the action is based upon the fraud of the defendant; or
(b) any fact relevant to the plaintiff’s right of action has been deliberately concealed from him by the defendant; or
(c) the action is for relief from the consequences of a mistake;

307856091a28bd60bafc424fea78b407.jpg
Each of the 20 clubs are shareholders so it is not as simple as this. I don't believe there is a contract between Manchester City and the Premier League that puts a 6 or 12 limitation period into force.

UEFA just have a 5 year limitation period as it varies so much between European jurisdictions that an averaged timeframe of sorts has to be put in place to be fair to all clubs from around Europe. I believe it is 3 years in Germany whereas it could be 12 years in the UK if signed as a deed.

But yes there is a general argument as to how far back we go. For instance there were reports last week that Tottenham were being looked at over Jermaine Defoe transfer from Portsmouth - but that was 15 years ago! I mean how far back do we go? Memories and recollections fade after all which is one of the reasons we have limitation periods. I fear we have opened a pandora's box and there are a lot of guilty clubs.

So what happened to all the other 10,000’s of hacked emails De Speigel were going to make public about other PL clubs, European clubs, managers, players and agents? Quietly forgotten about once they made the City emails public. A clear and orchestrated plan by De Speigel, aided by PL clubs and European clubs, and their owners.

Like the Falcao friendly for €5m that never happened?

Mancini had a consultancy role with Al Jazira FC prior to joining City, it was discussed on here at the time he was appointed (Dec. 2009). When he joined City he signed the new contract with Al Jazira FC that you referred to.
Thanks for this. That was my recollection too - that he was working for Al Jazira before he got the job at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.