Aston Villa (A) - Wed 6th Dec, 20:15 | PL | Pre Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely disagree. He and Doku changed the game completely against Leipzig. We clearly have a few issues this season, the most notable of which is no KDB and Ilkay deciding to move on. Each to their own but I don’t think Alvarez is the issue
Isn't that the point he's making though, in that Alvarez was able to come off the bench and change the game?

I've a similar opinion of Doku in that at the moment they're both incredible options from the bench to change the game for the last 20-30 minutes, but neither are capable of doing what they do best for 90 minutes.

The issue is, at the moment we don't have the squad available to do this for various reasons. I'd imagine once everyone is fully fit (he says), I'd imagine both will come from the bench and will be great weapons to have.

Agree mate, said it in a different thread, it’s why I feel we are conceding so many at the moment. Great goals and assists but leaving us too exposed as he’s just not a midfielder.
Mate, if you look at recent goals against Liverpool, he has been directly at fault.

He's too high risk. We can score more goals, but it leaves us with our arses hanging out on the counters

I do think Nunes is more suited to sitting in with Rodri and has the technical aspect to break lines?

Completely disagree. He and Doku changed the game completely against Leipzig. We clearly have a few issues this season, the most notable of which is no KDB and Ilkay deciding to move on. Each to their own but I don’t think Alvarez is the issue
No argument they changed the game, but both coming off the bench is a different dynamic, in terms of chasing a game or adding momentum.

For any gamblers. Villa have won their last 13 at home. Outscored everyone in Europe bar Bayern in home games this season.
We've lost the last 3 or 4 Rodri hasn't played.
Villa are 4/1 for the home win

We'll come short this season in the traditional trophies but win the Super Cup and Club World Cup. We had a terrible transfer window and terrible luck with KDB injury. We’re not getting the rub of the green and our rivals are. The premier league have already made it clear we won’t win 4 in a row and Arsenal or Liverpool will take the title this season. Madrid or Bayern will win the champions league. If we were to win the title this season from here it would be Peps greatest achievement to date
I take this to mean 'we are reffed differently'! I wonder how many teams this season are taking the field against us thinking that they could nick at least a draw given the ref's propensity to vary the LotG along with dubious VAR decisions and dodgy timekeeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.