Aston Villa (A) - Wed 6th Dec, 20:15 | PL | Pre Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobblers. Spurs just came to us with something like half their 1st XI crocked. We need to face this with BELIEF and NO READY MADE EXCUSES - that's for Rags fans
I'm not looking for "excuses", I'm explaining why I think we're in trouble on Wednesday.

As you said, we were a shambles at the back against spurs missing 9 players.

From that line up we have now also lost rodri, doku and grealish.

That is why I don't see us winning. It's not an excuse, it's an opinion

They have us in the ropes. Let's see what these gentlemen have in their locker... All is allowed vs us because we are on 115 unproven charges, and most football fans have thrown fair play and the integrity of the game over board when it comes to City.
Next obvious treatment incoming...

Referee: John Brooks
Assistants: Lee Betts, Akil Howson.
Fourth official: Anthony Taylor.
VAR: Paul Tierney. Assistant VAR: Scott Ledger.

I think it will be different from what we're used to, I often think that we work harder than the opposition keeping possession.. Walker for example bombs down the outside but we spread it back across the middle so working hard for nothing.
Teams used to work hard against us but now they just work the last third creating a block which isn't as hard as running up and down end to end.
We keep getting mugged because forwards are fresh compared to our defence who are having to create the overlap.
I hope we might be surprised with an open end to end game, we have world class players who may just enjoy a good old fashion game.
Still positive and confident we will bag all 3 points.

Wow genuinely can't remember the last time Bluemoon voted us to lose a game
Maybe some have swallowed the bitter experience:
no Rodri no points...

We have to defend better as a team, all 11, esp. in the dying minutes. We had 3 lessons and still don't fight to get the win over the line. That's not enough this way!

Our mid is SOOOO lightweight with Phil, Bernie, Lewis, Julian and it's so important that they get BEHIND the opponents on the way back ASAP. Our defence is exposed that way as is Rodri and consequently both look so poor.

Compact mid, compact team. If we only had some energy from the bench, we are bare to our bones it feels.

This is what I've missed these last 10 or so years, us being the underdog going into matches.

Can't wait for Wednesday and that familiar feeling of yesteryear.
Memories of being underdogs at Villa Park.. April 1990..Villa top of the league and City bottom 6 I think..all odds Home win..They score 1st but Mark Ward pile driver from distance and Peter Reid from 4 yards after David White hits the post...Happy days.

We can't afford to lose this one, so I think we should start with a defensive mindset, using the four CH system we used last season and a compact, workman-like midfield.
We sacrifice a lot of creativity, but we'll always carry a threat with Erling playing.

.................Ederson..............
Akanji...Stones...Dias...Ake
.................Phillips................
.........Lewis.......Kovacic......
Bernardo..............Foden.....
................Haaland...............

2-1 to us.

That miss of his with an open goal in the first half on Sunday was an absolute shocker.
Yeah, i was up already thinking it was in, as soon as he got the ball.

He was well pissed off at the end, so i think he'll be raring to go on Wednesday.

We should be three points clear of Arsenal but have let 6 points slip through our fingers and instead sit 3 points behind. RB Leipzig collapsed physically and we picked them off, but domestic teams are much fitter, more ruthless, and capable of plugging away until the end, Villa will be no different. We either score our first 2-3 chances and hope that the defence holds, or we strap in for another bumpy ride. Brace, brace, brace...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.