Aston Villa (A) - Wed 6th Dec, 20:15 | PL | Pre Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Doku is injured, the midfield line-up will be interesting....

------------------Haaland---------------
------------------Alvarez----------------
Foden -- Kovacic -- Stones -- B Silva

? or....Phillips?! No, probably not.

Maybe Lewis/Nunes. I'd be going with that 6 above.

City on their day even with suspensions and injuries can beat anyone in the league. But we are in a bit of a rut at the moment by our standards and I can see it continuing on Wednesday.

Get Wednesday out of the way and we need two convincing wins before we head to the CWC to keep us in the mix we could quite possibly be 9 behind with a game in hand going into the new year

About this time every season we are all saying the same, we're not the same this City side are not good enough, happened last season and the season before and we all all know what happened after that. We have to trust in Pep, at the moment it not clicking, especially at the back and the finishing has been below par. You can't win everything every season but I bet we are at least challenging for the major honours come the business end of the season.
The difference is that we were underperforming with players we KNEW would come good. Players that had a history of pulling us out of the soft stuff.
We now rely on new players who have never been a game changer for us. Never grabbed a game by the neck scruff.
We hope for the best, but we go into this traditional strong period for us with injuries, suspensions and kalvin.
Tough times.

The difference is that we were underperforming with players we KNEW would come good. Players that had a history of pulling us out of the soft stuff.
We now rely on new players who have never been a game changer for us. Never grabbed a game by the neck scruff.
We hope for the best, but we go into this traditional strong period for us with injuries, suspensions and kalvin.
Tough times.
We will see.

Hopefully the depleted squad galvanises the rest of the players, and we see a real fight from the first whistle.

The players should be going into this game expecting arguably their toughest test this season, given the squad available, and that might just pull us through.

Going to be tough, but can the City that wipes the floor with everyone please return starting on Wednesday. Just hope with Rodri missing, Stones is fit which will be a big boost and we need some legs in midfield so possibly add in Nunes. Fingers crossed the team is chomping at the bit to put our recent disappointing results behind us.

That decision on Sunday (and their latest decision to charge the club) might just be the kick up the arse our season has been needing. We are certainly up against it going to a very good Villa side but I think our players will have some fire in their bellies come Wednesday.

I’m taking a gutsy champions performance and dig out a win.

Hoping that big Johnny Boulders is available to have that calmness and physical presence in the centre of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.