Aston Villa (A) - Wed 6th Dec, 20:15 | PL | Pre Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be a very tough game, their home record is all wins this season.
Really can't see us getting anything with a threadbare squad, and the likes of Lewis(who is excellent) and Kovacic potentially starting, and Phillip's must be very close. I think Villa will just cut through us with ease

If Doku isn't ready, then who's going to play on the wings? I guess Lewis on the right and Foden on the left.

No Rodri. No Grealish. Probably no Doku. No real width in the side. Defence is at 6s and 7s right now. And Villas home record is perfect. I think it's safe to say if we come away with anything it's a bonus. I just don't think we've clicked this season yet and with everyone else upping their game I think we will struggle to retain the title. That said it's still early days so it's far from over yet.

We should be three points clear of Arsenal but have let 6 points slip through our fingers and instead sit 3 points behind. RB Leipzig collapsed physically and we picked them off, but domestic teams are much fitter, more ruthless, and capable of plugging away until the end, Villa will be no different. We either score our first 2-3 chances and hope that the defence holds, or we strap in for another bumpy ride. Brace, brace, brace...
Leipzig, Pep changed our shape completely with his subs. We got numbers in midfield and wrestled back total control. It was more like last season City where we just overloaded them. Then he went back to gung ho v spurs

This is a must win game now following our recent bad luck/ results
Teams that want to go toe to toe usually come off worst
They will fancy their chances but we should be fired up and angry
3:1 City
Then win the next few as well to claim what’s ours - top spot

Will be a very tough game, their home record is all wins this season.
Yep, beaten all of
BHA, CRY, EVT, FUL, LUT, WHU.

We should be ready for a fight. We have to replace Rodri's corones in the centre of the park. Strong mentality needed. Time for Erling to find his cool and confidence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.