Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Please don’t encourage flags, they block your view of the game. Some seem to wave them the whole game and don’t seem to notice what is happening on the pitch. Same applies to outdoor music festivals
I love the flags that 1894 do and they look great when there are quite a few in the SS. They always take them away before the kick off so never get in anyones way either. Other than those there aren't really any other flags at City but i for one would love to see more.

I love the flags that 1894 do and they look great when there are quite a few in the SS. They always take them away before the kick off so never get in anyones way either. Other than those there aren't really any other flags at City but i for one would love to see more.
no flags or ballooning about = That's what the "quiet " areas are for ....."the Seats" back in the day.

Please don’t encourage flags, they block your view of the game. Some seem to wave them the whole game and don’t seem to notice what is happening on the pitch. Same applies to outdoor music festivals
If it's organised in an area of the new North stand, and it's well documented that's what happens in that area of the stand, do you think it's a distinct possibility that fans who don't want their view blocked could choose seats away from there?

If it's organised in an area of the new North stand, and it's well documented that's what happens in that area of the stand, do you think it's a distinct possibility that fans who don't want their view blocked could choose seats away from there?
That's far too reasonable! We need outrage for the sake of outrage.

Exactly. 1894 have trialled a drum and a megaphone. The drum in particular was divisive amongst fans, with one fan who was on the drum for the first half of the Gladbach game in 2016 copping shit loads of abuse on the concourse at half-time. As for the megaphone, it took years of dialogue with the club to even get to the point that one was allowed to be used.

Funnily enough, the drum did help to contribute to the atmosphere a fair bit that night but the amount of negative comments meant that it was never going to become a regular thing. For the record, I'm not massively in favour of a drum myself but the point was politely made at the time that if more fans could actually be arsed singing then we'd never have needed to trial a drum in the first place.
As you'll know, I don't like drums at football games. But I do think we now have better-suited songs compared to 2016.

If someone was drumming along to Champions Again, Follow You Everywhere, and Best Defence in Europe, it would hold the beat better than clapping and enable more fans around the stadium to participate (in time).

My plea to anyone who is too shy to sing... Be noisy in other ways (clap, shout, whistle, boo). Noise creates more noise!

5-DDDD759-D554-4-B8-D-8713-D30-C7-F5-C0-E46.jpg

These are the type of flags we need to see more of. The south stand used to look great with these. We could probably do it for ss3 currently. The digital versions look rubbish

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.