27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Right now, whilst he adapts he should be playing from the right. That suits his style far far better for us and also allows Bernardo to play central which again suits him far far better. It's just a bizarre decision from pep in my eyes to play him next to Rodri.

Wasn't a good game for him but not his fault.

Honestly thought he played pretty well. He is raw but shows flashes of skill and has a nice turn pace that I think there is a really good player in there given time. Some of his runs off the ball dragging defenders away gave Bernardo acres of space, stuff like that goes unnoticed at times but it is crucial.

I doubt he will ever be an undisputed starter but I’m confident he will be a useful squad player for the next few years

Honestly thought he played pretty well. He is raw but shows flashes of skill and has a nice turn pace that I think there is a really good player in there given time. Some of his runs off the ball dragging defenders away gave Bernardo acres of space, stuff like that goes unnoticed at times but it is crucial.

I doubt he will ever be an undisputed starter but I’m confident he will be a useful squad player for the next few years
Absolutely dreadful performance. Just rank bad. He's got nothing about him at all.
Panic buying isn't a good thing particularly when you can't get your money back.
Lol.

We have had plenty of games where kdb had been a ghost too.. and kova? Don’t get me started. Give the man some time
Granted everyone is entitled to a bad game but KDB is arguably the best midfielder in PL history. Kovacic has done it at the top level. Nunes has done nothing of note to be compared to either.

The trouble is that he looks very much an instinctive individual and completely lost in the concept of the positions or drills that are being asked of him.

It's very much a case of Pep trying to herd this rogue pigeon Nunes, amongst his flock of disciplined sheep. In short, I'm not certain he has the intellectual capacity or self discipline to fit in properly and even at this relatively early stage I'm calling this a duff buy.

And as for his one on one half arsed finish.....!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.