Joey Barton

Women shouldn’t be commenting on football is not what he sets out to say.

His original point is there is people being given jobs in football to appease people and tick boxes based on their gender, sexuality, race etc and uses women commenting in football as an example.

It becomes his view that women shouldn’t be commenting on football because his reason for his original point is that you have to have played the game at a high level to do so which automatically means that in his eyes no women qualify and therefore shouldn’t comment on the game.

Once this has ran its course and it has no more legs left to run he will choose another demographic in a different area to try and enhance his point and stay relevant.

His direct quotes were that women shouldn’t be commenting on men’s football.

“Women shouldn't be talking with any kind of authority in the men's game”.

Please get your facts right before coming at a superior being.

It’s better than the systematic oppression of women in workplaces that has existed for decades.

His only point that holds any credence is that some pundits are not good enough. The rest is misogynistic tripe.

I think you need to look up the job description for a pundit, then. Women can offer insights into the game today if they’ve played it, as much as Matt Murray, Matt Le Tissier, Roy Keane or Graeme Souness can. What insights are they going to give us in todays game considering they haven’t played it for 20 years plus?

I’d rather have differing view points, voices and experiences discussing the game, than a gentleman’s club laughing at inside jokes and arguing like mates down the pub.

The old Sky Sports News team that got taken apart, were fucking dreadful. All male. All played in the Premier League. All shite at their job as pundits. You can argue about quality of pundits until your face turns blue, but that’s not a gender issue.
I think you need to read my post more carefully before embarking on your little woke tirade. We don’t need insight, we just need a quick chat about the major talking points from characters who we recognise.

Your blanket dismissal of an entire team as well as a hugely respected luminary such as Souness tells me all I need to know about you.

I think you need to read my post more carefully before embarking on your little woke tirade. We don’t need insight, we just need a quick chat about the major talking points from characters who we recognise.

Your blanket dismissal of an entire team as well as a hugely respected luminary such as Souness tells me all I need to know about you.
IMG_4942.jpeg

Having had time to reflect on his Tweets from yesterday and carefully considering whether he may have gone too far. He’s come back at 6 O clock this morning , with:

54ee8f8dc9ec8c609b2214ece1e04b5b.jpg

Is that an actual tweet from him?

If so he'll be getting a legal letter from ITV and Schofield.

I guess he can then go down the 'I've been cancelled' route.

No. No I don’t. You literally said that a pundits job is for a quick chat and not great insight into the game itself, when by description, their job is to offer tactical insight.

Yes, it tells you that I’m not a precious, little soft touch who is offended by anyone who isn’t white, male or an ex-male professional Premier League player talking about football on the tele.

You agreeing with Barton should tell everyone else enough about you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.