11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

I think we all want to see an improvement from Doku on yesterday, was a pretty poor performance, but calling him out as rubbish and not fit for City seems a bit much! He's a great outlet. However I do think it odd that Pep plays Gvardiol so high up when playing Doku, feels like we have zero left flank.

Just can't fathom some of the criticism he's taken on here. That first half — barely puts a foot wrong right through it, and in fact much of what is penetrating in our attack is coming from him. Second half admittedly not so good (although he didn't even play a complete second half). To say that he played a shit match is simply not to have watched the whole match.

I thought he started really well, attracting players and then pinging it out to the other flank, which is what he did for the opener. But the last twenty or so of the first half he went to pot and kept losing it. Hes back from injury and still young so this might happen. I think Pep got it wrong starting him, because that seemed like a grealish game all day (with Doku coming on at some point if it suited)
I'm not sure Grealish was fit enough to play tbh. He'd been ill during the week and missed a lot of training. Even at 2-1 down I don't think I saw him warm up at any point? I suspect Guardiola had no choice but to throw Doku in from the start, even though he's not fully match fit.

I'm not sure Grealish was fit enough to play tbh. He'd been ill during the week and missed a lot of training. Even at 2-1 down I don't think I saw him warm up at any point? I suspect Guardiola had no choice but to throw Doku in from the start, even though he's not fully match fit.

For sure. Grealish playing the position Doku played yesterday would've been delicious.

Doku still had the highest xA of the XI that started the match.

Absolute liability, bench only, not a patch on Bobb or Jack.
Liability? Get fucked you clueless fucker. Earlier on in the season he was the bright spark to a particularly dull start to the season. He wasn’t even that bad last night, mind he was playing out of position for most of the game too. Some of the criticism on our players from our own fans is weird, I guarantee you’ll all be quiet once the trophies are swept up at the end of the season.

Doku can beat most defenders one-on-one. But afterwards...

I like Doku, and he should start ahead of Grealish on occasion.

But he has flaws.

At this point, prefer Bobb at Left Wing, followed by (tie) Greealish/Doku.

Doku is an unfinished product - all that fake stuff should mostly be cut off. It wastes time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.