Media Discussion - 2023/24

Strange last sentence! Pep’s record is nowhere near Paisley’s!!!!!
Pep still has this season and next season to win one league title to equal Paisley’s 6, already has more league cups and F.A. cups
and has won the Champions League as well as a losing finalist. He has 2 more attempts at the Champions League before reaching the 9 year timeframe.
Pep has done all this in an era where the Premier League is far more competitive/ difficult to win as is the revamped Champions League. But for some extremely questionable refereeing decisions we might well have progressed to more CL finals.
In my opinion, Pep’s record at City already outweighs Paisley’s record. Not to mention the fact that he’s also influenced how the game is played in England.
Then there’s the little matter of winning a domestic treble in one of those seasons and the ‘real treble’ last season- both remarkable achievements. I don’t think the domestic treble has been done before!
Pep is a much better coach than Paisley and is the best ever in my view. The point I am making is that Paisleys record in just nine years is fantastic and even Pep has not surpassed his trophies in English football yet. Pep has done it in England, Germany, and Spain so is levels above Paisley as a Manager. But Klopp is nowhere near Paisley in English football.

No mention for Bob Paisley who won 20 major honours for LFC in nine years (same time as Klopp) including six league titles, three European Cups, one UEFA Cup, and three League Cups. Klopp's record is pitiful compared to Paisley. I was privileged to meet him once and, unlike Klopp, Paisley was total class. The modern day sports media has become a laughing stock. I realise this is a different era but to put it into context Pep's record at City is nowhere near Paisley's record at Liverpool.
'Nowhere near' is not strictly correct - if (very big if) Pep wins the next two CL and one PL his record would be better than Paisleys.

Paisley is currently in my view the greatest manager this country has seen, the fact that Pep after 7 seasons could still better his record after 9 shows how good Pep is.

Though you pull Holt up, quite rightly as this game was no war of attrition but in a game were one team only created a single chance, the game going either way is a strange description also.
Why? Spurs were in it until the end and that's always a worry when we aren't taking the chances we should. Remember the Middlesbrough game a few years back, they didn't have a shot on goal and won with a Sun Jihai (sp) own goal.

Pep is a much better coach than Paisley and is the best ever in my view. The point I am making is that Paisleys record in just nine years is fantastic and even Pep has not surpassed his trophies in English football yet. Pep has done it in England, Germany, and Spain so is levels above Paisley as a Manager. But Klopp is nowhere near Paisley in English football.
Paisley's record is indeed impressive, but how impressive would it be in the current PL. Too many folk are eager to carry over historical performance and maintain it stands above and beyond what current managers have achieved. Managers like Stein, Shankly, Busby would find the world is a vastly different place, and football is way out of their comfort zone.

Souness, Hansen, Dalglish, Lawrenson, Barnes, Rush, would walk into any of Klopp’s teams.
Not to mention players like Case, Neal, Kennedy, Clemence, Grobelaar etc. Barnes was signed after the Paisley era. I hate to say it but they were fucking brilliant under Paisley.

I find it unbelievable that any organisation would do this to themselves.

OK, if clubs were going to the wall left right & centre, I'd get it, but they're not, so why cripple yourself to appease the four founding members of the PL?

It's the Red Top Mafia & Spuds who need fuckin off.

If being on the ball for about 2.7 seconds in 90 minutes is being in it.
Honestly didn't realise Werner was playing until Walker out sprinted him on about 80 mins

Honestly didn't realise Werner was playing until Walker out sprinted him on about 80 mins
Seriously? Did McCoist not saying his name every 2 minutes not give it away :)

TBF he wasn't wrong that Spuds kept ignoring his runs and the space he had on the left, although whether he'd have beaten Walker at any time is another matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.