47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

I agree that Phil will have been disappointed and perhaps should not have been moved from the #10 role when KDB returned.
But, the 2 forward players behind Harland yesterday were KDB & Alvarez.
One (if fully match fit) is probably the best Premier League midfield player of the last 5 years ?
The other has won the World Cup (as well as City's trophy haul) and scores a lot of goals.
So Phil has a tough job dislodging either.
Personally, I'd use Alvarez as a sub, put Phil in his central position,with Bernardo on the right flank.
But, I thought Phil definitely improved yesterday when he moved more inside when Alvarez was subbed...
Regardless of what trophies Alvarez has won, he’s not even 1/10th of the player Foden is, and never will be.

We have the best manager in the game, arguably in the history of the sport, has attracted the world's best striker and we won the treble.

People still complaining about Pep.

Bluemoon man, you remind me why I rarely visit anymore.

its always bit strange with Pep and wingers.

we never saw Mahrez play from the left in all his years imo just from the right.
also we never will see Grealish play anything else just a left winger. not even try him from the right once ever imo.

so Foden is lucky as he already played left winger, right winger, false 9 few times, also centrally as a midfielder, left back too. :)

now its bit of a strange timing that Foden bailed us out with his goals last few weeks, also come out and say he is happy with the more central role and improved a lot in it also is in great scoring form and as a result he is put back to wing.

given Bellingham was our main target for Txiki, if he had arrived Foden would have got even less chances centrally so long term not sure Foden will be played centrally. maybe when KDb leaves or Pep...
Actually Mahrez did. Once, I remember. He wasn't very good at it, didn't fit Mahrez's style, so Pep never tried again.

It's a double-edged sword with Pep sometimes, the more versatile you are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.