Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

I'm at the end of my tether now. I can't understand why the club isn't coming out about the recent reffing decisions. Matches are just ruined for me at the moment because all I seem to focus on is reffing and VAR because I am convinced we are being done over by the FA/Prem league/PGMOL/SKY, or maybe a combination.

I have just watched Ref Watch and I was convinced that there would be reference to the shirt pulling in the handball decision that wasn't given but it was not mentioned at all. All they are focusing on is it not being handball and the fact that it is based on recent decisions but they were wrong too, not by the letter of the law but because it was unfair. So f**k constancy, let's get it right now - forget the letter of the law, forget previous decisions and consistency. Why? Because it's City FFS.

Look at this screenshot of the 'handball', why no comment about Dias not being able to jump because he's being pulled down by the knob who handles the ball and is also fouled by the other defender jumping on him.

View attachment 107512
This and the bollocks that the ref was "too close" to the stamp on Doku.
Don't know how they can keep a straight face whilst lying their tits off

Last edited:
Here's a question.
In rhe build up to the chavs goal the move began with a speculative punt upfield which found its' way to RS who scored.
Now when that happened City were appealing for a pen (ruled out by var) and no decision had been reached.
How far back in the build up is var obliged to check if a goal is scored?
Also if var is in force why isn't the game stopped until a conclusion has been reached?

Here's a question.
In rhe build up to the chavs goal the move began with a speculative punt upfield which found its' way to RS who scored.
Now when that happened City were appealing for a pen (ruled out by var) and no decision had been reached.
How far back in the build up is var obliged to check if a goal is scored?
Also if var is in force why isn't the game stopped until a conclusion has been reached?
When it came to a VAR city check they were going back to alleged foul by Neil McNab on Kerry Dixon...

I couldn’t afford the replacement TVs if I watched Ref watch.
Honestly don’t understand why any blues put themselves through it. They circle the wagons and back the refs pretty much 98% of the time and a touch more if it’s against City.
Ref Watch and the new Webb Variety Show are designed to legitimise whatever decisions (or mistakes) the officials make during matches. They are not there to give honest appraisals of the merits (or lack there) of calls, but rather to flood discourse with official excuses, equivocations and, at times, outright propaganda. The mandate for each is to provide retroactive justification for whatever nonsense fans see during any given week. Those shows—and other “former ref’s opinion” programs—are meant to gaslight not illuminate.

No one should watch those programs looking for objective, earnest analysis of officiating.

Ref Watch and the new Webb Variety Show are designed to legitimise whatever decisions (or mistakes) the officials make during matches. They are not there to give honest appraisals of the merits (or lack there) of calls, but rather to flood discourse with official excuses, equivocations and, at times, outright propaganda. The mandate for each is to provide retroactive justification for whatever nonsense fans see during any given week. Those shows—and other “former ref’s opinion” programs—are meant to gaslight not illuminate.

No one should watch those programs looking for objective, earnest analysis of officiating.
All reasons why I don’t.

I like reading different opinions on our forums as it makes it more interesting.
I definitely don't agree with you on many occasions but try not to resort to name calling unless it's some fucking wum or dipper fan, but it's hard not to be emotionally involved when you see decision after decision go against your club when you know full well if they were to happen to certain teams the outcome would be totally different.
Hopefully we won't be lamenting another dismal performance from the officials and var tomorrow night, but I'm not entirely sure we will.
The thing that to my mind enforces the bias against us is we can win and win well yet still have concerns about the officials performance.
All that is fair comment and I don’t expect everyone to agree with me or have to change their minds.

Supporting your own football club is emotionally investing. I have that bond too. I just try to look back afterwards when trying to work out what happened and what went wrong/right with a clinical mindset, rather than shouting this that and the other.

I hope we’ve won 10-0 tomorrow night and we’re talking about Haaland bagging the first triple hattrick in the PL.

Anyway, thanks for the reply and being civil.

It's coached at Liverpool. There is no other explanation for their diving and cheating at every opportunity.
He's Portuguese. I'd say that there's a bit of a 'culture' within their football for going down, shall we call it theatrically.

Ronaldo - Yep
Jota - Yep
Cancelo - Yep
The Rat at united - Yep
Hate to say it but...
Dias - Yep

The only big name Portuguese player that doesn't (IMO) is Bernardo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.