Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

This and the bollocks that the ref was "too close" to the stamp on Doku.
Don't how they can keep a straight face whilst lying their tits off
How close is too close ? He literally bends his knees for a better look & stares at the incident for what felt like ages at the game, like you say utter bollocks

PL refs are weak as piss, like rabbits in the fucking headlights waiting for guidance in their earpiece, professional me bollix!! That **** reffing the rags game yesterday looked starstruck in awe of the Has-Beens hackers.

How close is too close ? He literally bends his knees for a better look & stares at the incident for what felt like ages at the game, like you say utter bollocks
I remember them using this term once before, when Milner for the dippers was 5 yrd offside as he put a cross in for Mane to score at West Ham.
They said the linesman was too close to notice him being offside.
No it was given because the dippers were in a tight title battle with us and were being helped at all costs.

Anywhere else on the pitch a shirt pull of that nature would result in the award of a free kick, just not in the box apparently. The slightest brush of the ball though against an arm slightly away from body results in a nailed on penalty by defender or disallowed goal by attacker
It seems dopey Dermot on Ref Watch was only looking at the potential handball - no mention of shirt pulling. Oh and Casemiro should have had a lecture for what even Rag Central (aka BBC) described as him being lucky to avoid a second yellow card

I remember them using this term once before, when Milner for the dippers was 5 yrd offside as he put a cross in for Mane to score at West Ham.
They said the linesman was too close to notice him being offside.
No it was given because the dippers were in a tight title battle with us and were being helped at all costs.
remember it well, I’ve never known a fan base be so calm in a title race as us blues, but when it comes to the officials we have some scars! Suppose we’ll find out in the next few months how bad they want them to win it

He's Portuguese. I'd say that there's a bit of a 'culture' within their football for going down, shall we call it theatrically.

Ronaldo - Yep
Jota - Yep
Cancelo - Yep
The Rat at united - Yep
Hate to say it but...
Dias - Yep

The only big name Portuguese player that doesn't (IMO) is Bernardo
It's something Pep absolutely hates.

Plus, City players pretty much know they'll get zero change out of the bent bastard in the middle if they go down too easy.

It's something Pep absolutely hates.

Plus, City players pretty much know they'll get zero change out of the bent bastard in the middle if they go down too easy.
Dias takes a theatrical tumble too often for my liking, one of the reasons why I'm not his biggest fan.
I'm of a similar mind to Pep, can't stand it.

All that is fair comment and I don’t expect everyone to agree with me or have to change their minds.

Supporting your own football club is emotionally investing. I have that bond too. I just try to look back afterwards when trying to work out what happened and what went wrong/right with a clinical mindset, rather than shouting this that and the other.

I hope we’ve won 10-0 tomorrow night and we’re talking about Haaland bagging the first triple hattrick in the PL.

Anyway, thanks for the reply and being civil.
No worries mate..we are all blues and no need to be arsey to each other..mind you a few who deserve it do get a fair bit of shit from me.
I try to look back and see how I feel a few days later but invariably I tend to feel the same...her indoors says I'm a stubborn fucker..but that's just me.

No worries mate..we are all blues and no need to be arsey to each other..mind you a few who deserve it do get a fair bit of shit from me.
I try to look back and see how I feel a few days later but invariably I tend to feel the same...her indoors says I'm a stubborn fucker..but that's just me.
You may be onto something with leaving it a bit longer after games. I tend to leave it overnight before reacting, but maybe another day or so wouldn’t hurt.

Others might say never would be better, but hey ho. That’s life. :-)

I’ve tried to refrain from going down any conspiracy route and have always felt that we just suffer from really poor officials in this country.
This season is testing that though.
The one time that looking on the social media of other clubs is actually good for your sanity, is when you're thinking conspiracy.

Seeing the exact same arguments played out on every club forum is a bit of a reality check of our tendency to wear the blue-tinted shades. All the lower placed clubs are convinced the "big" clubs get all the decisions. All the "big" clubs are convinced one of their rivals is getting all the decisions, or that their club is being singled out.

I have absolutely no doubt that we get shit decisions, but I think deep down most of us know that we remember the shit ones against us, ignore the shit ones in our favour, and do the exact opposite for whoever we don't want to win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.