Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

The one time that looking on the social media of other clubs is actually good for your sanity, is when you're thinking conspiracy.

Seeing the exact same arguments played out on every club forum is a bit of a reality check of our tendency to wear the blue-tinted shades. All the lower placed clubs are convinced the "big" clubs get all the decisions. All the "big" clubs are convinced one of their rivals is getting all the decisions, or that their club is being singled out.

I have absolutely no doubt that we get shit decisions, but I think deep down most of us know that we remember the shit ones against us, ignore the shit ones in our favour, and do the exact opposite for whoever we don't want to win.
This is the only form of social media I do really so won’t be looking at any other teams gripes anytime soon.
My team getting fucked over on an almost weekly basis is the only concern to me.

The ball was in between bodies, so it would have been impossible to see the handball.

Walker stuck his leg out in front of Sterling, initiated contact and tripped Sterling.

Godfrey went down for about 5 mins on his own with concussion in the Everton match. That’s the fundamental reason for the difference in time added on.

Your last question is an interesting one. Ultimately, if a team time wastes before starting to lose, then that time will naturally be added up.

What would have happened if the ref had said 3 mins to negate their time wasting, but they managed to equalise in those minutes?

Then their time wasting should be added back on.
These arent serious answers, especially the bolded. Strongly suspect WUM. Have a nice day, bud.

These arent serious answers, especially the bolded. Strongly suspect WUM. Have a nice day, bud.
He’s right on the first one. I was told that VAR is there to help in those situations though so I’m happy to blame those useless cunts for that one.
The Walker one is really a 50/50 and I change my mind every time I see it.
We have many many wums on this board but that poster isn’t one regardless of us disagreeing with his opinions of refs.

there is a clear agenda from the refs, very clear orders from Webb and Masters to stop us to win 4th in a row, leveling up and all that.

that advantage rule costing us a sitter vs Spurs at a tight match situation or the derby game Fernandes/Rashford offside rule should have never happened. just as big blunders as that offside miscommunication one versus Liverpool but that one actually made news in the media for weeks, potential replay talk etc lol. those VAR refs no longer able to sit in VAR rooms for Liverpool games.

you also wouldnt see City defenders get away within pen box what van Dijk gets away with almost every game. but there is a whole media team of "experts" set up to belittle every decisions in favour of City but use magnifying glass if its against us.

you can bet big amount if Caicedo does exact same tackles vs Liverpool in the cup final in a few days time as he was allowed against us all game, he will be off with two yellows before HT break. and commentators, experts saying how stupid he was to make those faults and how he gave no option to the ref but the second yellow.

He’s right on the first one. I was told that VAR is there to help in those situations though so I’m happy to blame those useless cunts for that one.
The Walker one is really a 50/50 and I change my mind every time I see it.
We have many many wums on this board but that poster isn’t one regardless of us disagreeing with his opinions of refs.
VAR seems to be only giving penalties for handballs where the arms are above the shoulders this season.

It’s implementation has regressed a lot under Webb, who needs to go asap.

IMG_5460.jpeg
At the point of impact, it seems to me that Walker has moved his leg and trips Sterling, who doesn’t try and do anything bar run.

Therefore Walker has initiated the contact and fouled Sterling for me.

View attachment 107525
At the point of impact, it seems to me that Walker has moved his leg and trips Sterling, who doesn’t try and do anything bar run.

I think the reaction of Walker when they both hit the deck is pretty telling too.

It's by no means 'clear cut' for me, but Walker's desperate attempts to slide further forward on the grass in an attempt to appear to have been in front of Sterling has eventually led me to be almost in agreement with you, on this point.

I think the reaction of Walker when they both hit the deck is pretty telling too.

It's by no means 'clear cut' for me, but Walker's desperate attempts to slide further forward on the grass in an attempt to appear to have been in front of Sterling has eventually led me to be almost in agreement with you, on this point.
Either way, it probably isn’t a clear and obvious one for VAR to be involved in.

I’m at that end of the ground and thought it was a penalty live, but having seen it back, I can see why it was given the other way.

View attachment 107525

1708359833121.png
It seems strange that Partay initiated contact last year by not playing the ball as Kevin was about to strike for goal. Result- no penalty. It's the inconsistencies of the decision making thats most annoying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.