General Videogame Thread

It is a bit steep but nice was about to buy Prince of Persia for £30 and so in essence I got it for £15.
If I finish it in time I'll also get to check AC and avatar too.

Annoying that the VPN trick doesn't work on them like Microsoft, I got a year for like £46 of ultimate. I'm hoping they just join gamepass fully like the EA one has.

Anyone who likes roguelike deckbuilders needs to play Balatro that’s just released. Definitely indie game of the year decided already, it’s fantastic. Poker-inspired. Overwhelmingly positive on steam from almost 7,000 reviews already and it’s only been out 5 days!

Bitten the bullet and finally got Baldurs Gate 3. Never played one before and know nothing really about D and D, but can’t wait to get stuck into this and get on a steep learning curve.

Bitten the bullet and finally got Baldurs Gate 3. Never played one before and know nothing really about D and D, but can’t wait to get stuck into this and get on a steep learning curve.
Made a post about BG3 a couple of months ago.

It's a magnificent game. Best game I've played in the last 5 years. You can literally do anything in the game and it seems Larian Studios encourage players to try to break the game. Every choice you make and I mean EVERYTHING you do has consequences

However it has a huge steep learning curve.

If your new to D&D it would HIGHLY recommend to play on explorer mode first so you get used to all the mechanics. It's the easiest mode but will give challenge while you're learning the game.

I would also recommend watching a few beginners guides videos to understand the basics.

YouTuber called Italian Spartacus is really good and produces easy to understand videos

Made a post about BG3 a couple of months ago.

It's a magnificent game. Best game I've played in the last 5 years. You can literally do anything in the game and it seems Larian Studios encourage players to try to break the game. Every choice you make and I mean EVERYTHING you do has consequences

However it has a huge steep learning curve.

If your new to D&D it would HIGHLY recommend to play on explorer mode first so you get used to all the mechanics. It's the easiest mode but will give challenge while you're learning the game.

I would also recommend watching a few beginners guides videos to understand the basics.

YouTuber called Italian Spartacus is really good and produces easy to understand videos

Wow its a lot to take in when getting started. Just going to take my time, rush nothing and try and learn the mechanics. The story throws you right in without much backdrop, but maybe thats because i haven't played the other games so will come with time.

Going to watch some guides over the weekend and start to get my head into character development and battles and how to not have my arse handed to me every time.

Cheers for the video above, should be a good start.

Wow its a lot to take in when getting started. Just going to take my time, rush nothing and try and learn the mechanics. The story throws you right in without much backdrop, but maybe thats because i haven't played the other games so will come with time.

Going to watch some guides over the weekend and start to get my head into character development and battles and how to not have my arse handed to me every time.

Cheers for the video above, should be a good start.
Yeah there's a lot to take in.

You've just got to get through the difficulty curve and get used to the mechanics.

I would recommend playing as a bard first. High luck which helps you with the dice rolls and high charisma for speech checks.

Almost all combat situations (apart from essential plot fights) you can talk your way out of which is brilliant for the early game as your gear isn't going to be the best. Once you get to level 5 you get a unique specializtion for your character which helps enormously.

Try pet perk so you can talk to animals or at least have a party member who has pet perk. Some of the best quests and rewards happen when you talk to animals

Explore everywhere on the map. Usually the best gear and equipment is hidden away in nooks and crannys

Save. A lot. If your struggling with a fight try a different approach and always look at the environment. High ground can give you loads of combat bonuses. There's always oil and water barrels everywhere. Use them to your advantage. There always multiple ways for each combat encounters. Like I said don't be afraid of reloading and trying again.

Good luck!!

Yeah there's a lot to take in.

You've just got to get through the difficulty curve and get used to the mechanics.

I would recommend playing as a bard first. High luck which helps you with the dice rolls and high charisma for speech checks.

Almost all combat situations (apart from essential plot fights) you can talk your way out of which is brilliant for the early game as your gear isn't going to be the best. Once you get to level 5 you get a unique specializtion for your character which helps enormously.

Try pet perk so you can talk to animals or at least have a party member who has pet perk. Some of the best quests and rewards happen when you talk to animals

Explore everywhere on the map. Usually the best gear and equipment is hidden away in nooks and crannys

Save. A lot. If your struggling with a fight try a different approach and always look at the environment. High ground can give you loads of combat bonuses. There's always oil and water barrels everywhere. Use them to your advantage. There always multiple ways for each combat encounters. Like I said don't be afraid of reloading and trying again.

Good luck!!
Lol i blew myself up testing what some shiny purple stuff was, i now know. Also spent about 30 minutes progressing some druid mission and then got killed and right back to the start, was not happy.

Gonna be a fun few weeks / months i think.

Resident Evil Revelations is on the slab at the minute, every cheat employed (Well all ammo and full health) up to now it's an excellent game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.