PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Don't underestimate the power of a sizable donation .....
Taxpayer cash may be forthcoming to fund some changes to the rail infrastructure or transport or whatever but personally I can’t see any cash being given to actually upgrade the stadium.
For one; I read that a ‘can‘ the gvmt is kicking down the road is the need to refurbish the Houses of Parliament. The need is desperate and a paltry £20b is needed to do the job properly. The rail network is failing, HS2 still needs its truncated resolution, power generation plant is desperately needed, the motorway network is a basket case in places. There is a menu of gvmt infrastructure spend projects like hospitals (remember the new 20?..), schools, and the promises to keep on Northern rail infrastructure etc etc before a bailout is gifted to a multimillionaire tax dodger.
The country is financially bankrupt.
in my view if the swamp is redeveloped/rebuilt funding will come from private investment with associated debt with the payback to investors coming from the housing that’s created.
Burnhams just seeking an angle to help the development of greater Mcr. He’s a chancer and it would be wise for him to remember that a decent percentage of the folk he represents hate, or could not give a shit about the scum.
If you want a view on Coe read about his interest a few years back in the plans for the redevelopment of Chelsea stadium. In similar vein Scruffy Jim is using the playbook he used when he was interested in buying 50% of Barcelona.
Burnham, Coe, Scruffy Jim, Neville et al - just a club of charlatans.

But that means that being bailed out by the UK government allows them to finance player expenditure with money that should have been used by themselves on stadium development
You have many valid and yes justified gripes but sorry this potentially isn’t one that City or WHU come to that would get an sympathy
City already made alternative suggestions as far back as 2012 & the G14 Cartel Clubs fucked us off.

There's now a growing realisation that these rules are fucked & will only work for those at the top.

What's lacking, & would put the cat amongst the FFP/PSR pigeons is a fully thought-through football finance alternative. Surely this has got to be better than us being like sitting ducks waiting for our enemies to conjure up more ways to crush us?
The G14 ( which ironically was in the end 18 clubs) was disbanded around 2008.
We Chelsea were invited to join but declined . It’s quite amusing because this pressure group which only included three team from England ( Utd, Liverpool & Arsenal ) were the ones who first floated a Super League

You have many valid and yes justified gripes but sorry this potentially isn’t one that City or WHU come to that would get an sympathy

You don't think there is a difference between clubs being asked to take over stadia that were being built anyway for national sports events as a way to mitigate the cost and provide a lasting community benefit, on the one hand, and a club asking for government funds to develop a brand new stadium for itself, on the other?

Sounds a little like sour grapes to me, which is unusual for you.

Last edited:
but but Henry Winter said this morning we cant have owners spending 1 billion then ditching the club
now i know money shrinking but who would invest a billion then walk off
I'm hoping that is exactly what Scruffy Jim will do within the next 18 months, when reality bites and he realises what we already know - you can't polish a turd!

You don't think there is a difference between clubs being asked to take over a stadium that were being built anyway for national sports events as a way to mitigate the cost and provide a lasting community benefit, on the one hand, and a club asking for government funds to develop a brand new stadium for itself, on the other?

Sounds a little like sour grapes to me, which is unusual for you.

It’s worth re reading the post to which I responded.Its not the issue with getting value out of a stadium built for other purposes it was the OP suggesting any grant would be wrong if it facilitated extra spending on player.

Of course seeing a stadium used long terms makes sense but both Cities and West Ham’s stadiums are assets that cost taxpayers ( local and National ) significant funds to build and both the clubs I mention like most clubs generate vast sums for the local communities but not having to fund in full a rebuild is a benefit

Billionaire Yank owner
Billionaire Shareholder

NO PUBLIC TAX MONEY

NHS Hospitals
Trans Pennine Railways
Illegal immigration control
Legal immigration
reduction
Manchester Metro & integrated transport

Yewnytid,Glazers & scruffy Jim are tax exiles, and rat has used government (public) tax grants on several occasions to build factory's at someone else's expense.

The fact that Yewnytid have chosen NOT to invest in their crumbling swamp or surrounding area is NO justification for using public tax funds to build a new one for them.

KILL this slippery idea NOW before it gains any momentum.

The task force is an ID line up of disreputable chancers & oppotunists, none of who live in Manchester.

NO PUBLIC TAX MONEY !!

It’s worth re reading the post to which I responded.Its not the issue with getting value out of a stadium built for other purposes it was the OP suggesting any grant would be wrong if it facilitated extra spending on player.

Of course seeing a stadium used long terms makes sense but both Cities and West Ham’s stadiums are assets that cost taxpayers ( local and National ) significant funds to build and both the clubs I mention like most clubs generate vast sums for the local communities but not having to fund in full a rebuild is a benefit
Tbh I thought someone had to move into the stadiums or they become decrepid and fall down. And I didn't hear of utd or any other club going for them at the time.

So instead of that, if City right now were to ask for public money to move into a new stadium we all know what the answer would be. Even if we were still in Maine Road. Everyone would be shocked at multi billionaires asking for public money. The media would spin it against us.

And right now the media are being fed what to say by ratcliff and the utd corporate machine so that the country would come to accept that this is the right thing to do.

Tbh I thought someone had to move into the stadiums or they become decrepid and fall down. And I didn't hear of utd or any other club going for them at the time.

So instead of that, if City right now were to ask for public money to move into a new stadium we all know what the answer would be. Even if we were still in Maine Road. Everyone would be shocked at multi billionaires asking for public money. The media would spin it against us.

And right now the media are being fed what to say by ratcliff and the utd corporate machine so that the country would come to accept that this is the right thing to do.

It's why it's being framed as regeneration of the entire area, with all sorts of people backing it. Burnham as mayor pretty much has to support it; Neville's got stuff built there.

Extending OT means moving a railway or the stadium, which needs sanction way above the clubowners.

Taxpayer cash may be forthcoming to fund some changes to the rail infrastructure or transport or whatever but personally I can’t see any cash being given to actually upgrade the stadium.
For one; I read that a ‘can‘ the gvmt is kicking down the road is the need to refurbish the Houses of Parliament. The need is desperate and a paltry £20b is needed to do the job properly. The rail network is failing, HS2 still needs its truncated resolution, power generation plant is desperately needed, the motorway network is a basket case in places. There is a menu of gvmt infrastructure spend projects like hospitals (remember the new 20?..), schools, and the promises to keep on Northern rail infrastructure etc etc before a bailout is gifted to a multimillionaire tax dodger.
The country is financially bankrupt.
in my view if the swamp is redeveloped/rebuilt funding will come from private investment with associated debt with the payback to investors coming from the housing that’s created.
Burnhams just seeking an angle to help the development of greater Mcr. He’s a chancer and it would be wise for him to remember that a decent percentage of the folk he represents hate, or could not give a shit about the scum.
If you want a view on Coe read about his interest a few years back in the plans for the redevelopment of Chelsea stadium. In similar vein Scruffy Jim is using the playbook he used when he was interested in buying 50% of Barcelona.
Burnham, Coe, Scruffy Jim, Neville et al - just a club of charlatans.
Embrace it, get on board to build a super stadium in Manchester fully owned by the council and used by both clubs return the Etihad as part of the deal then the council will have 2 grounds to maintain

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.