PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Interesting.

I have a question for @Prestwich_Blue

If the above post is right on the money.. wouldn't it make more sense to just delay till the independent regulator takes over rather than face a kangaroo court tribunal where we have no right to appeal a verdict that's clear miscarriage of justice?
The problem is that this Government is in total chaos so it could be years for an independendent regulator to come in. The proposal is supported by both Labour and Tories. But the Uk is in a crisis and it may end up being delayed further because the country has bigger fish to fry. I am also pretty sure that a new regulator would not want to re-open the FFP can of worms either.

Interesting.

If the above post is right on the money.. wouldn't it make more sense to just delay till the independent regulator takes over rather than face a kangaroo court tribunal where we have no right to appeal a verdict that's clear miscarriage of justice?
For who to delay? The PL's process is already in motion.

Interesting.

The idea that an independent regulator coming in will just take these charges off the table is a bit fanciful, to say the least.

For who to delay? The PL's process is already in motion.

Wouldn't it make sense to delay the process pending appeal to a higher court based on how any judgment they give is supposedly final and we have no right to appeal?

Or do you have faith in the tribunal to not screw us over?

The PL must be in a big bind, effectively accusing the club of criminal wrongdoing with regards to false accounting, and it really does go nuclear, and I guess the threat is being City down and the rest go down with it, there will be a fudge a face saving, and Levy will sleep with one eye open for the rest of his life, and the shredder at Anfield will be working overtime

You may be right but my gut feeling is that a lot of the hostile press coverage has calmed down apart from a small bunch of conspiracy theorist loons. If a Qatari buys United the fake concept of "sportswashing" will never be mentioned again. I am optimistic the tide has turned.
…or rather ”Qataris buying United is just a sign on how modern football operates. It has to be done to compete with City who has ruined football”

I’m a KFA but it feels like the argument over the change of disclosure rules and which standard City have to submit to could be the cornerstone of the whole case?

The disclosure rules are an important element but they won’t allow for a fishing exercise. Do the PL know what they are looking for? Given the size and scale of this investigation I really think the PL have been incredibly naive and bitten off far more than they can chew.

I think you are being a tad optimistic there. Every team you mentioned are desperate for City to be punished and nothing has changed.

It was only 4 months ago that the PL referred us probably on the back of pressure from other teams so any idea that the other clubs have gone soft is nonsense.

EVERY rival benefits from City being screwed. Any takeovers won’t change that.

And any appointment of a Regulator won’t make a difference to any of offences that City face.
You`re certainly fucking living up to your name !!

You may be right but my gut feeling is that a lot of the hostile press coverage has calmed down apart from a small bunch of conspiracy theorist loons. If a Qatari buys United the fake concept of "sportswashing" will never be mentioned again. I am optimistic the tide has turned.

Hmmm it’s just that a couple of those loons work for the National Broadcaster. Stone and Roan are two of the worst and are relentless In the hate campaign against our club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.