PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Newcastle have joined the party at the top of the PL and Abramovich (who apparently opposed City) has left the scene. Meanwhile the Government is pushing forward with an independent regulator which will take most of the powers away from the PL in terms of sanctioning member clubs. The long game is paying off for City no matter how frustrating it has been for us fans.
And the whole landscape has changed since the smear campaign started. Any new owner of MUFC may not be so keen to waste time on a feud with City. The same is true at Liverpool where Fenway are apparently looking to sell. The dynamic has also changed with other PL clubs who have tried to damage us. Arsenal have restored relations with City since Arteta went there and Levy is much weaker because of the crisis at Spurs.
Newcastle have joined the party at the top of the PL and Abramovich (who apparently opposed City) has left the scene. Meanwhile the Government is pushing forward with an independent regulator which will take most of the powers away from the PL in terms of sanctioning member clubs. The long game is paying off for City no matter how frustrating it has been for us fans.
I think you are being a tad optimistic there. Every team you mentioned are desperate for City to be punished and nothing has changed.

It was only 4 months ago that the PL referred us probably on the back of pressure from other teams so any idea that the other clubs have gone soft is nonsense.

EVERY rival benefits from City being screwed. Any takeovers won’t change that.

And any appointment of a Regulator won’t make a difference to any of offences that City face.

It's what is often referred to as a smear campaign, usually they run for days/weeks/months, in this case its years running into decades.

This isn't about the findings or the legalities, it's the established elite throwing as much shit as they can muster to the media and hoping as much of it as possible sticks.

To be fair, their strategy has worked pretty well in terms of the consistent coverage, I just don't think that they judged how resilient our club and owners could be. Likely they expected us to be back in our little box years ago. How catastrophically wrong they were
It’s Classic propaganda, next they will dropping leaflets from the skies. With quotes from prisoners in UAE and their tale of inhumane conditions.

I think you are being a tad optimistic there. Every team you mentioned are desperate for City to be punished and nothing has changed.

It was only 4 months ago that the PL referred us probably on the back of pressure from other teams so any idea that the other clubs have gone soft is nonsense.

EVERY rival benefits from City being screwed. Any takeovers won’t change that.

And any appointment of a Regulator won’t make a difference to any of offences that City face.
You may be right but my gut feeling is that a lot of the hostile press coverage has calmed down apart from a small bunch of conspiracy theorist loons. If a Qatari buys United the fake concept of "sportswashing" will never be mentioned again. I am optimistic the tide has turned.

the Mancini contract is time-barred.
Not sure where you got that idea from. This has been discussed on here previously.

My understanding is that the PL rules don't have a specific limitation clause but there's a six year limitation period in English Contract Law, so generally contracts over six years old (longer in some cases) are time-barred from legal action.

However if there's suspected criminality involved then that limitation can be laid aside. And we are being accused of providing false accounts, which is a criminal offence. So they can potentially go back as far as they want.

But, as I've said before, and so has Stefan, the Mancini contract is a complete red herring. Even if we were found to have breached the rules over that, it's not material in any way, given we were making huge losses at that time.

Think we'll have an idea on a transfer ban in how this window goes :)
Just a gut-feeling guess, based on zero evidence
But there will no doubt be a political, face-saving fudge. That’s exactly what happened at CAS
We go nuclear this summer, and EDS lads go out on loans rather than buybacks, which may hamstring us in the event of a transfer window ban
So potentially some difficult decisions to be made on some lads

Not sure where you got that idea from. This has been discussed on here previously.

My understanding is that the PL rules don't have a specific limitation clause but there's a six year limitation period in English Contract Law, so generally contracts over six years old (longer in some cases) are time-barred from legal action.

However if there's suspected criminality involved then that limitation can be laid aside. And we are being accused of providing false accounts, which is a criminal offence. So they can potentially go back as far as they want.

But, as I've said before, and so has Stefan, the Mancini contract is a complete red herring. Even if we were found to have breached the rules over that, it's not material in any way, given we were making huge losses at that time.
Does non compliance with FFP necessarily mean that your statutory accounts are false?

And the whole landscape has changed since the smear campaign started. Any new owner of MUFC may not be so keen to waste time on a feud with City. The same is true at Liverpool where Fenway are apparently looking to sell. The dynamic has also changed with other PL clubs who have tried to damage us. Arsenal have restored relations with City since Arteta went there and Levy is much weaker because of the crisis at Spurs.

Interesting.

I have a question for @Prestwich_Blue

If the above post is right on the money.. wouldn't it make more sense to just delay till the independent regulator takes over rather than face a kangaroo court tribunal where we have no right to appeal a verdict that's clear miscarriage of justice?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.