PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You're normally more positive than that PB - I'm feeling less confident now if you think we're going to be 'bruised' as opposed to wiping the floor with the corrupt PL representatives

I don't think PB was suggesting we are going to be bruised because we have a weak case, rather that the PL, encouraged by the usual suspects, will drag this out for as much reputational damage as they can manage, Mansour and Khaldoon wont care, and when we are most likely cleared of all but a little non-cooperation, we will be back around the PL table with the usual suspects with, apparently, nary a concern. All of which is most likely in my view as well.

Two things, though:

Revenge is a dish best served cold. And our guys are young, they have a lifetime to sort these guys out. It can't be very difficult to really screw over an over-leveraged US company trading off mall assets and cash from foreign investments. A prudent acquisition here, a strategic loan there. Job done.

Also, PB was burnt pretty badly on here sharing information about how we had Liverpool bang to rights, and then nothing happened. I am not surprised he is a little (ahem) bitter at how Mansour and Khaldoon turn the other cheek, in public at least and for the moment.

I would keep the faith. The club will win this, but don't be surprised if even the win can be turned into a negative, like at CAS. And don't be surprised if Mansour and Khaldoon don't care, at least not in public and not for the moment.

Dream on pal. This is going the distance and, as usual, we'll suck it up, put make-up over the bruises and come back for more.
I think if this is drawn out its because the PL are backtracking and struggling not City.
Khaldoons demeanour also suggests this in my opinion.

Any chance it’s true??
Good question. Taken at face value I'd say no. They've spent 4 years investigating these so lack of evidence is unlikely to be an issue. The source is the hacked emails via Der Spiegel. And some of the charges are totally and solely dependent on a few others, so you can't say there's no evidence for them or that the source is unreliable.

But as I've said before, these charges are scraping the bottom of the barrel, and include things UEFA didn't think were worth pursuing. I'm still very confident the PL are going nowhere with these.

Last edited:
I think if this is drawn out its because the PL are backtracking and struggling not City.
Khaldoons demeanour also suggests this in my opinion.

It’s not being drawn out. It hasn’t even started. Everton’s hearing isn’t until October for example. Our own case is likely to be much more intricate and lengthy by comparison which means it will be quite a while before this is resolved.

It’s not being drawn out. It hasn’t even started. Everton’s hearing isn’t until October for example. Our own case is likely to be much more intricate and lengthy by comparison which means it will be quite a while before this is resolved.
I didn't say it is being drawn out, and I'm not too sure it's that intricate given most charges seem to be copy and paste for each year.
It's in everyone's interest to sort this stat as theres a bigger cloud beginning to gather over the PL from tge middle east for them to worry about.

Good question. Taken at face value I'd say no. They've spent 4 years investigating these so lack of evidence is unlikely to be an issue. The source is the hacked emails via Der Spiegel. And some of the charges are totally and solely dependent on a few others, so you can't say there's no evidence for them or that the source is unreliable.

But as I've said before, these charges are scraping the bottom of the barrel, and include things UEFA didn't think were worth pursuing. I'm still very confident the PL are going nowhere with these.
Similar to the uefa case though where they spent a long time investigating and 'no evidence' used 20+ times in the CAS report.

So here is a question. Conventional wisdom is that, with 115 alleged breaches, it will take a long time to litigate this because each breach will have to be assessed on its own.

But is that correct? The DS emails only referred to one year's Etihad sponsorship, for example. So if we disprove the breach for that year, surely all the other alleged Etihad breaches in each of the other years fall away? In other words, the club can't be asked to defend breaches for which there is no evidence?

So in that case, isn't it really just about disproving four or five issues in individual years? And the whole process may not take as long we think?

Probably missing something important. Any help?

So here is a question. Conventional wisdom is that, with 115 alleged breaches, it will take a long time to litigate this because each breach will have to be assessed on its own.

But is that correct? The DS emails only referred to one year's Etihad sponsorship, for example. So if we disprove the breach for that year, surely all the other alleged Etihad breaches in each of the other years fall away? In other words, the club can't be asked to defend breaches for which there is no evidence?

So in that case, isn't it really just about disproving four or five issues in individual years? And the whole process may not take as long we think?

Probably missing something important. Any help?
You're right. If they can't land any punches re the sponsorship, the Mancini contract and the Fordham stuff then a lot of the other charges (bar maybe the non-cooperation ones) fail. Simple as that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.