PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

And that is IMHO the core most people forget. It is so ironic that those who take the moral high ground towards our owner and Abu Dhabi mostly do not adhere to a cornerstone of the "superiour" western society, namely that you are innocent until proven guilty. Instead these morons are happy to find us "guilty" before anyone has proven anything, and off course also claim we are guilty after the "court" has decided there is no evidence to support the claims. Idiots the lot.
It's what is often referred to as a smear campaign, usually they run for days/weeks/months, in this case its years running into decades.

This isn't about the findings or the legalities, it's the established elite throwing as much shit as they can muster to the media and hoping as much of it as possible sticks.

To be fair, their strategy has worked pretty well in terms of the consistent coverage, I just don't think that they judged how resilient our club and owners could be. Likely they expected us to be back in our little box years ago. How catastrophically wrong they were

It's what is often referred to as a smear campaign, usually they run for days/weeks/months, in this case its years running into decades.

This isn't about the findings or the legalities, it's the established elite throwing as much shit as they can muster to the media and hoping as much of it as possible sticks.

To be fair, their strategy has worked pretty well in terms of the consistent coverage, I just don't think that they judged how resilient our club and owners could be. Likely they expected us to be back in our little box years ago. How catastrophically wrong they were
And whilst they've been expending all of their energy on us, their own clubs are falling further behind

My guess, based on nothing more than gut feeling, is a £5-10m fine and one or two window ban for non-co-operation (maybe one suspended)
Everything else fails
That was also my gut feeling at CAS tbf
Whether or not we want to ‘take a pinch’ again is the issue that I suspect might be under negotiation right now

My guess, based on nothing more than gut feeling, is a £5-10m fine and one or two window ban for non-co-operation
Everything else fails
That was also my gur feeling at CAS tbf
Whether or not we want to ‘take a pinch’ again is the issue that I suspect might be under negotiation right now
Think we'll have an idea on a transfer ban in how this window goes :)

My guess, based on nothing more than gut feeling, is a £5-10m fine and one or two window ban for non-co-operation (maybe one suspended)
Everything else fails
I thought only FIFA could apply transfer bans?

Happy to be corrected if that’s not the case

Or could the PL refuse to administer any new signings we make? Not sure if that’s allowed?

And the whole landscape has changed since the smear campaign started. Any new owner of MUFC may not be so keen to waste time on a feud with City. The same is true at Liverpool where Fenway are apparently looking to sell. The dynamic has also changed with other PL clubs who have tried to damage us. Arsenal have restored relations with City since Arteta went there and Levy is much weaker because of the crisis at Spurs.
Newcastle have joined the party at the top of the PL and Abramovich (who apparently opposed City) has left the scene. Meanwhile the Government is pushing forward with an independent regulator which will take most of the powers away from the PL in terms of sanctioning member clubs. The long game is paying off for City no matter how frustrating it has been for us fans.

Everything else fails
However, my alternative view is that the club and in particular its owners, have reached the end of their tether on this now and are going full on to fight all the charges that has been brought. Enough is enough for them and they are now going all in,,,,,,,,,,,,, just my take FWIW.

However, my alternative view is that the club and in particular its owners, have reached the end of their tether on this now and are going full on to fight all the charges that has been brought. Enough is enough for them and they are now going all in,,,,,,,,,,,,, just my take FWIW.
Hope so !

IF dragged out I reckon PL will be the ones responsible not City. If we are to trust the club, and I do, a quick resolution with City cleared will be a poorer look for PL than PL dragging it out and declaring they did their best. Just my view mate
No worries. Thus far though, it’s looked very much like City have been the ones dragging it out. What lies behind that approach however, I haven’t got a Scooby……

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.