9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

I don't think Phil really had the time and space to do anything other than shoot.
Probably right mate, but it does happen often. Just last week v Rags he should have squared it. Mind you, Kev did same v Everton trying to score himself instead of squaring it.

I'm the 'same' with Walker THIS season because he's been crap. Haaland less so, but I've always maintained he's not a good long-term fit for us stylistically. Again, that's MY OPINION.
You have an unhealthy dislike for Walker, never recognise his good points.
I’ve pulled you on it before.

What the fuck are you on about Stylistically? Is he talking up singing?

Walker stopped Diaz from scoring twice yesterday, getting back and dispossessing him. He’s still the best covering defender we have.

You have an unhealthy dislike for Walker, never recognise his good points.
I’ve pulled you on it before.

What the fuck are you on about Stylistically? Is he talking up singing?

Walker stopped Diaz from scoring twice yesterday, getting back and dispossessing him. He’s still the best covering defender we have.
Walker is a piece of shit off the pitch, but my criticism is solely down to his performances on the pitch, which have been a mile off where they should be. I've praised Walker in the past, but if he's not locking down his side of the pitch while giving us nothing from an attacking POV, I find it hard to justify him being a nailed-on starter.

As for yesterday, Diaz still should have scored a brace, at least... His finishing was thankfully woeful.

Walker is a piece of shit off the pitch, but my criticism is solely down to his performances on the pitch, which have been a mile off where they should be. I've praised Walker in the past, but if he's not locking down his side of the pitch while giving us nothing from an attacking POV, I find it hard to justify him being a nailed-on starter.

As for yesterday, Diaz still should have scored a brace, at least... His finishing was thankfully woeful.
I’m not going to defend Walkers off the pitch antics for one minute, but I maintain he’s still the best 1v1 defender we have. And his colleagues voted him as their leader, their Captain. We will need him in upcoming games.

I’m not going to defend Walkers off the pitch antics for one minute, but I maintain he’s still the best 1v1 defender we have. And his colleagues voted him as their leader, their Captain. We will need him in upcoming games.
Not worth it Ste

Kane isn't that much better in that regards.

Kane is more adaptable than Haaland. His workrate in midfield is far in excess of Haaland.
In my opinion, Kane would score 40+ a season at City, and would be a better 'fit' for Pep's system (which is why Pep wanted him)
The main thing Haaland has in his favour is his age.

If Levy had been prepared to accept a lower fee for Kane, he'd almost definitely be a City player now, and Haaland would be elsewhere.

Txiki did a fantastic job to get Haaland for half the price of Kane. Unfortunately, I suspect that a lot of strings were involved in his signing, mostly in Haaland's (and no doubt Real Madrid's) favour in the medium/ long term.

Haaland has been and for the foreseeable future will continue to be great for us, but to be absolutely honest, just for better balance in the team, I wish we'd signed Harry Kane.

Fair enough.

The signing of Haaland has catapulted us to another level as a club. People buy tickets just to see him. From a commercial point of view; he is probably our best ever signing and paid for himself 10 x over already.
Yet we play better without him In my opinion, I’ve been pulled on it before but as I unit we look better overall, faster paced, intricate passing, when he was injured it’s been our best football by far all season, brilliant striker, bang average footballer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.