11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Hang on, you didn’t think he made an impact yesterday? He did more positive play in 20 minutes than the rest of our forwards. On the flip side he could have gifted them a pen by bottling a header but he was certainly more positive than mist.
I didn’t say that I said he didn’t look as confident as he has done, he did ok when he came on, bit he doesn’t have that swagger he seemed to have when he first arrived, the lad has already apologized on social media about his performances so he’s well aware of the criticism , I know where I sit that when he first came and got the ball, everyone was on their feet in anticipation now most just think he will lose it.

Technically Palmer is 3 or 4 levels ahead - in terms of giddy excitement and pacey step overs that don't work - then I concede - Doku every-time. By the way, why are you comparing such disparate players?
There is no player in the Premier league that is 3-4 levels ahead of another player in the Premier league. Come on. And by the phrasing of the evaluation it can be inferred that you don't really understand the game. Doku doesn't even make stepovers, but he unsettles defences like few others and creates a lot of dangerous situations. It hasnt translated into goals and assists yet, his anticipation of teammates movement and pass accuracy needs to improve but he is simply more of a wild card offensively than Palmer. I can honestly see him reach Vini level in a year or two and becoming a 10G+10A type of winger.

There is no player in the Premier league that is 3-4 levels ahead of another player in the Premier league. Come on. And by the phrasing of the evaluation it can be inferred that you don't really understand the game. Doku doesn't even make stepovers, but he unsettles defences like few others and creates a lot of dangerous situations. It hasnt translated into goals and assists yet, his anticipation of teammates movement and pass accuracy needs to improve but he is simply more of a wild card offensively than Palmer. I can honestly see him reach Vini level in a year or two and becoming a 10G+10A type of winger.
Hmmm, I can probably deduce where your allegiances lie Belgian Flash.

However -

1. He does do step overs - have seen it.
2. In terms of technical ability and speed of thought, he is those levels below.
3. No need to be insulting - especially from somone who writes "Vini". If you think he'll ever be as good as your "Vini" I give up. Not as chance....and he isn't even as good as his publicity.
10G + 10A ? Probably football expert speak.
I'm on safe ground as I know he won't prove me wrong - a player we should never have bothered with.
Yes he'll have the odd good game - even a goal - but overall - nah.

Last edited:
I didn’t say that I said he didn’t look as confident as he has done, he did ok when he came on, bit he doesn’t have that swagger he seemed to have when he first arrived, the lad has already apologized on social media about his performances so he’s well aware of the criticism , I know where I sit that when he first came and got the ball, everyone was on their feet in anticipation now most just think he will lose it.
I think you're right! Great analysis

The lad is in his first season settling into a new club and team mates, new country new formations and what’s expected of him so it was always gonna hit and miss in his first year. Next season this lad will be like a new signing let’s give him time and then judge him.

The lad is in his first season settling into a new club and team mates, new country new formations and what’s expected of him so it was always gonna hit and miss in his first year. Next season this lad will be like a new signing let’s give him time and then judge him.
His blistering start is actually counting against him right now. He’s had good bad and indifferent performances which is pretty much the same as every new signing we’ve made in the Pep era.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.