PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Just seen that Etihad Airways are thinking of going on the stock market thingy. Apparently that is good news for us because it means Etihad Airways accounts will be open to everyone.

The article states that Etihad Airways wouldn't be doing this if they had committed fraud with City in the sponsorship deal.

Prick Harris will be busy for a few weeks while he tries to find out if Etihad have overspent on toilet duck.

PB.

I asked the question. Don’t think it got a reply looking back. Do you know the reason or reasons why 1 of the 3 CAS Judges found City guilty? Was their reason/reasons ever stated in the judges final decisions? Thanks.
Ulrich Haas was nominated by UEFA to sit on the panel, Andrew de Lotbinière McDougall was nominated by City - both are experienced CAS arbitrators.

From memory Haas’ reasons for finding on the balance of probabilities that UEFA had proven their case are not detailed.

Any chance of a definitive layman's rebuttal of this PB?

I usually say 'only a tiny percentage of the charges were time barred and City had them covered anyway'.

Obviously I'm winging it in on the subject. Is that broadly correct though?
The time limits are as much a part of the rules as any other provision. They are not a loophole, or a technicality, but rather the FFP rules (UEFAs own rules) being applied as they are written and known to all the parties at the outset.

There is no need for anyone to be remotely defensive about their application.

The time limits are as much a part of the rules as any other provision. They are not a loophole, or a technicality, but rather the FFP rules (UEFAs own rules) being applied as they are written and known to all the parties at the outset.
What I'm rying to find out is, we're the time barred charges the same as the charges we were exonerated on but just earlier? Also what percentage of the charges were time barred?

Jordan on Friday was dismissing Stefan's view that the City's case will take time because of the severity and seriousness of the accusations against a multi billion pound organisation. He was saying that he didn't care what Stefan said and that football was suffering due to City stretching the case out and that he had brought case against someone, haven't got a clue who and it didn't take this time. What an idiot this man is.
After nearly 6 years of investigations, how the fuck can Jerk Off Jordan blame City for the amount of time the PL's FFP/PSR investigation is taking, when it's us who've been aaking for a speedy resolution?

They were handed everything on a plate by UEFA. Everything CAS had already thrown out! If there was anything in there to nail us with, they'd have done so long ago.

We're only where we are today because the government announced their proposed setting up of IREF last February, which forced the PL to react immediately to head off the government sticking its beak in its business.

After stepping away from this for a few weeks & looking at it laterally, the whole situation became much clearer. The PL are essentially accusing us of fraud, but daren't use the word because in UK Corporate Law we've done fuck all wrong. It's only in their private members club "rules" that they claim we've committed a breach.

There in lies their problem. Their private members club rules have no basis in UK Law, hence why they've insinuated "fraud" to besmirch our character, but have never used the word "fraud" because of a possible defamation law suit from City, & the ACTUAL Law stepping in to investigate, which would immediately end the PL's investigation into us allegedly breaching their "rules".

There's not a chance in hell the PL want to go down that road, hence the farcical situation we now have, whereby the trawler net rules they created to stop & catch City, are now catching everyone else, BUT City! Lol :-)

They've tried hard, but failed miserably, & are now scrabbling about for an honourable way out, without losing control of the Premier League to the governments IREF legislation in the process!

Trust me. If the PL could rewind the clock to 2018, they'd probably wait six months & then announce we had no case to answer & dropped it. However, because of the huge publicity surrounding our alleged breaches, & the £MILLIONS they've spent trying to nail us, they've fucked themselves right up the shitter.

They're damned with proceeding against us, & they'll be damned if they drop it. They should've just accepted we'd found legal ways around their bullshit FFP/PSR rules, wiped their mouths & moved on.

Now they're in serious peril of killing their goose which has laid their golden egg, all because the Red Top Mafia & Spuds were determined to stop City on the pitch which failed, & then off it which looks like ultimately failing too.

What a sorry web we weave, when at first we try to deceive. Oh fuckin dear Premier League! (⁠•⁠‿⁠•⁠)

Dissenting opinions weren't published, nor were details of who voted how. But it's a good guess that it was the "judge" chosen by UEFA who voted in their favour every time.

He also got one of his monkeys to write a piece in the German press about how the CAS award was completely wrong, iirc.

Presumably he likes being chosen by UEFA. You can't trust these bloody foreigners, of course.
I fear that the 100 percent PL chosen Panel may contain similar minded KCs.

Is this possible?

We saw exactly that during the Bennel Victims v MCFC case. That snake of the BBC, Dan Roan, he could not wait to stand on Ashton Néw Road with the club badge in clear view for viewers of the main news bulletins. That was during the hearing. When the club actually won, they didn't even mention the outcome once on the BBC, not once. NEGATIVE CITY STORY GOOD, POSITIVE CITY STORY, DROP IT....
They did the same with the Rui Pinto trial.

Just watching the typical city interview with Stefan. Interesting part for me
, Stefan mentions the following ' either the alleged fraud did not occur, or, the independent commission is not able to establish to the necessary legal standard that these things occurred'

and right there in that last part could be the PL get out of jail card statement and finding. It would find no charge (except for maybe non co-operation) but leave the red shirts and media to still say city are guilty but got off on a technicality once again

@KS55 - this a possibility maybe
I suppose anything is possible, but I think the PL will go to the bitter end, the redshirts will demand it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.