Do our stewards only hassle Blues

The club and stewards hold all the aces. You can kick off all you want but once they say it's over or you have to leave, or are removed entry if outside, then it's over
I take your point. Even as recently as maybe 10 yrs ago you could challenge any of the little cunts who were trying to be over officious and they'd have to take personal responsibility for their actions. These days expected match day behaviour has become so sanitised that even the tiniest transgression could result in an expulsion or a ban.

Wouldn't surprise me if Soriano's guys encouraged the stewards to try and provoke fans into petty misdemeanours to seize season ticket seats for occasional visitors and thereby boost revenue

I take your point. Even as recently as maybe 10 yrs ago you could challenge any of the little cunts who were trying to be over officious and they'd have to take personal responsibility for their actions. These days expected match day behaviour has become so sanitised that even the tiniest transgression could result in an expulsion or a ban.

Wouldn't surprise me if Soriano's guys encouraged the stewards to try and provoke fans into petty misdemeanours to seize season ticket seats for occasional visitors and thereby boost revenue

At this moment in time I would not rule anything out.
You can go back on here and other places and loads of people said with success would come a price to pay and we're now seeing it. Look I can't knock the club. I recently watched a Dave Bernstein interview with Ian Cheesman. He he was asked where the club would be if we hadn't beat Gillingham, moved to the new stadium and had the takeover. He said probably on a par with Everton. He's right, that's the truth.

For me I've been there since1968. I saw the glory days of Bell, Lee and Summerbee as a kid and I was stood on the terraces at Wembley in 1976 when we won the league cup, our last trophy for 35 years at the time. I've loved following City all over the country, even when we were not so good. I didn't care, it was my club and even if I was stood on those terraces alone I would have done it. I've fought on trains, buses, in pubs, on the street and on the terraces to defend my club and fellow fans. Not boasting or pretending to be a hard nut, I wasn't, but that's how it was back in the day. Those who were there know. Since the takeover this club has given me the best years of my life as a City fan in 56 years. The most exciting football and footballers I have ever seen and obviously the most trophies. I've loved every second. There is a but.... and I'm coming to that.

I totally get football is now big business and global. Luckily for us we're at the top of the tree at the moment, the hottest ticket in town. I love it. As a FOC now I can't complain. It's just over £18 a game and hey even though the local transport is on the whole shit it only costs me £10 a year to use it. Here's the but. Something doesn't feel right. It doesn't sit well with me that non season card holders are being charged £60+ a game. At a time when many people are struggling to pay bills it doesn't sit right with me we keep on increasing prices, no matter how small. It's wrong and football is unlike any other business. Football is based on emotion and loyalty. Fads and trends come and go. The hottest nightclub in town yesterday is now a block of apartments. That's trends. If you treat your football club and it's fans this way, then when the trend ends, when we're not winning trophies and no longer the hottest ticket in town, what then? I'll tell you what then, a half empty stadium and no loyal fanbase to bail you out. That's the reality. Your call City.

You can go back on here and other places and loads of people said with success would come a price to pay and we're now seeing it. Look I can't knock the club. I recently watched a Dave Bernstein interview with Ian Cheesman. He he was asked where the club would be if we hadn't beat Gillingham, moved to the new stadium and had the takeover. He said probably on a par with Everton. He's right, that's the truth.

For me I've been there since1968. I saw the glory days of Bell, Lee and Summerbee as a kid and I was stood on the terraces at Wembley in 1976 when we won the league cup, our last trophy for 35 years at the time. I've loved following City all over the country, even when we were not so good. I didn't care, it was my club and even if I was stood on those terraces alone I would have done it. I've fought on trains, buses, in pubs, on the street and on the terraces to defend my club and fellow fans. Not boasting or pretending to be a hard nut, I wasn't, but that's how it was back in the day. Those who were there know. Since the takeover this club has given me the best years of my life as a City fan in 56 years. The most exciting football and footballers I have ever seen and obviously the most trophies. I've loved every second. There is a but.... and I'm coming to that.

I totally get football is now big business and global. Luckily for us we're at the top of the tree at the moment, the hottest ticket in town. I love it. As a FOC now I can't complain. It's just over £18 a game and hey even though the local transport is on the whole shit it only costs me £10 a year to use it. Here's the but. Something doesn't feel right. It doesn't sit well with me that non season card holders are being charged £60+ a game. At a time when many people are struggling to pay bills it doesn't sit right with me we keep on increasing prices, no matter how small. It's wrong and football is unlike any other business. Football is based on emotion and loyalty. Fads and trends come and go. The hottest nightclub in town yesterday is now a block of apartments. That's trends. If you treat your football club and it's fans this way, then when the trend ends, when we're not winning trophies and no longer the hottest ticket in town, what then? I'll tell you what then, a half empty stadium and no loyal fanbase to bail you out. That's the reality. Your call City.
I also started in 1968 and agree with most of that post. However those making the decisions have no loyalty to the club, just themselves and the current City regime.
Night clubs may become blocks of flats, but football clubs survive due to the loyalty of supporters and those running clubs know the fans will tolerate a huge degree of piss taking before they vote with their feet. They are happy to shit on fans knowing the fans will continue to attend.

Just seen on their twitter that 3 members have lost their accreditation. Funny how they’ve turned a blind eye to the advertising hoarding rule every single time until now. Not to mention the club’s big fuck off tifo which covered three lots of advertising hoardings yesterday. The club has handled this very poorly
And not a single shit will be given by those at the club.

What is the accreditation that they’ve had taken off them? Plus why was it taken off them? What reason was given?

It means you are allowed to go into parts of the ground that aren’t accessible to the fans. It’s a security photo ID pass authorised by the club.

For example. When a drop down banner is displayed on SSL2 the pass gives people access to go from SSL1 to SSL2 and they won’t get stopped by stewards because you are wearing the pass.

I also started in 1968 and agree with most of that post. However those making the decisions have no loyalty to the club, just themselves and the current City regime.
Night clubs may become blocks of flats, but football clubs survive due to the loyalty of supporters and those running clubs know the fans will tolerate a huge degree of piss taking before they vote with their feet. They are happy to shit on fans knowing the fans will continue to attend.

Yes and no. There is a discord growing and heavy handed confiscation of a simple banner outlining fans grievances, the same ones the club ignore, isn't going down well. Fans are being priced out and others are stopping going. At the moment tourists are taking up the slack, for the big games at least. Now if our success does continue those tourists may become regulars if they can get to games. It's happened at Old Trafford and Anfield. Us FOC's have now seen it all. I for one could live without going to games now.

It means you are allowed to go into parts of the ground that aren’t accessible to the fans. It’s a security photo ID pass authorised by the club.

For example. When a drop down banner is displayed on SSL2 the pass gives people access to go from SSL1 to SSL2 and they won’t get stopped by stewards because you are wearing the pass.
Thank you @jrb I thought it might be something like that but like to be certain of these things. :-)

At this moment in time I would not rule anything out.

Great Post mate, totally to the point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.