The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will be livid if scousers win it.
they finished 5th last season and they had a horrible season generally.
then they lose some over the hill but experienced players like Henderson, Fabinho, Firminho, and some squad players like Milner, Keita.
they bring in physically top players with lot of energy like Endo, McAllister, Szoboszlai, Gravenbech almost a complete new midfield bringing average age down of squad also becoming bit less experienced with missing out on their big money main target Caicedo.

and this is enough to go and turn 5th place into a title? I have to puke if it is.

problem is even they strengthened and improved their first eleven in with two players (Szoboszlai, Mcallister), Arsenal did it on 3 positions (Havertz, Raya, Rice) while I cannot say any of our new signings is an improvement on the first 11.
Kovacic aint better than Gundo for sure, Nunes no comment, Doku aint better than Mahrez or Palmer, and Gvardiol used as a pushed up LB aint better than Ake was last season who had individually his best season last season since he is here albeit he was not pushed up that much as Grealish was dealing with the sideline upfront mostly.

will hate if we assist to these farewell seasons again after Ferguson 12/13 season an now for Klopp's.
Liverpool certainly seem to have lucked out in their transfer dealings. Klopp wanted Henderson and Fabinho to stay and they would not be top 4 with those two plodding about the pitch. Their new signings have worked for the way they play and make our dealings look poor by comparison.

The only one I would have at City would be McAllister and, given our recent record with Argentinian players, I am surprised we did not try for him.

Regarding this season I think the lack of goals is going to be our downfall. This is a team wide issue but, as Halland is in the team for pretty much the sole purpose of scoring, his recent unreliability in front of goal is what urgently needs to be addressed. If that means he starts on the bench then so be it.

Pep presser summed it up. We are still in the mix but Liverpool favourites. Next game will tell us a lot. Think Villa will try and play due to their last match against us which I hope suits us at this point instead low block we always face.

All we have really done wrong this season is not create enough. The many reasons have been talked about. The team has always struggled with low block and teams who can transition.

I only hope we learn from this and buy a quality playmaker in the summer. We have lots of players who dribble but not enough who can find a pass or score.

Very happy with the team and still no matter the issues in the hunt.

Sick of teams who come to defend like Arsenal. I know why they do it but it’s just a shame we don’t have the players to hurt teams sitting in. It completely nullifies Haaland.

Kev on form would turn into space and find him. That seems a distant memory now.

Still more than happy. Good bunch of lads and a top manager.

Pep presser summed it up. We are still in the mix but Liverpool favourites. Next game will tell us a lot. Think Villa will try and play due to their last match against us which I hope suits us at this point instead low block we always face.

All we have really done wrong this season is not create enough. The many reasons have been talked about. The team has always struggled with low block and teams who can transition.

I only hope we learn from this and buy a quality playmaker in the summer. We have lots of players who dribble but not enough who can find a pass or score.

Very happy with the team and still no matter the issues in the hunt.

Sick of teams who come to defend like Arsenal. I know why they do it but it’s just a shame we don’t have the players to hurt teams sitting in. It completely nullifies Haaland.

Kev on form would turn into space and find him. That seems a distant memory now.

Still more than happy. Good bunch of lads and a top manager.
Great positive post mate amongst a sea of negative shite posted in the last 24 hours.
We're still in the mix mate and I still think we'll nick it.

Reactions: TFC
Anyone else relatively calm about things?

I'm actually not overly stressed about what happens in the league this season (saying that, if not us then defo not the scousers). I don't feel we're up to it, we're a shadow of the side last season, and the fact we're still hanging in there with a shout is seriously impressive.
Last season fulfilled every city fans wildest dreams, and clearly the exploits have taken a toll on the players. Combine that with a poor transfer window and a whole host of injuries, we've toiled this season and struggled with consistency.
After all the wonderful experiences we've had the past few seasons i think i can forgive pep and the lads a season below our usual high standards.

We're not gonna win the treble or the even the league every single season, however its April and we're still in with a shout of 3 trophies. Just enjoy the ride lads and lasses!

This is how i feel although I'm calm for other reasons.

I've also seen enough football to know a lot can happen in 9 games. Its pretty much a quarter of a season.

All 3 teams have matches they could quite easily lose. Like ourselves, the dippers still have to play Villa and Spurs who have plenty to play for. Tough games for anyone.

Would anyone be shocked to see the rags beat the dippers next week? Not really, they've matched up well with them twice this season. Would anyone be surprised to see Tottenham do Arsenal in their derby? I wouldn't.

These are just the obvious games. Between us, dippers and arsenal, there's 27 games of football to be played. Common sense would say there will be a shock result here or there in the games you don't expect. Might be us on the end of some, but it might be them.

Plenty of football to be played and plenty of points to be won and lost to even think about throwing in the towel as a fan.

Yes would be, but....
I will be pissed off if we don't win the FA Cup but fear the rest might be beyond us this year. The next handful of games may define the season. It would be great to beat the dippers to it on the last day. Going into it 3 points and 4 or 5 goals behind. Now that would be something to surpass the final day drama of years gone by.

Remaining games, dates not necessarily in the right order.

Arguably our 2 rivals have tougher fixtures than us.

Coming through Dips and Arse back to back unbeaten is not to be sniffed at!

L City A
AprilSheffield United (H)Aston Villa (H)Luton (H)
Manchester United (A)Crystal Palace (A)Brighton (A)
Crystal Palace (H)Luton (H)Aston Villa (H)
Fulham (A)Tottenham (A)Wolves (A)
West Ham (A)Nottingham Forest (A)Tottenham (A)
MayTottenham (H)Wolves (H)Bournemouth (H)
Aston Villa (A)Fulham (A)Manchester United (A)
Wolves (H)West Ham (H)Everton (H)
Postponed to date tbcEverton (A)Brighton (A)Chelsea (H

Liverpool certainly seem to have lucked out in their transfer dealings. Klopp wanted Henderson and Fabinho to stay and they would not be top 4 with those two plodding about the pitch. Their new signings have worked for the way they play and make our dealings look poor by comparison.

The only one I would have at City would be McAllister and, given our recent record with Argentinian players, I am surprised we did not try for him.

Regarding this season I think the lack of goals is going to be our downfall. This is a team wide issue but, as Halland is in the team for pretty much the sole purpose of scoring, his recent unreliability in front of goal is what urgently needs to be addressed. If that means he starts on the bench then so be it.
Wingers who can score would help too ,currently we get almost nothing from our wide players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.