Rishi Sunak

Sunak intervening to improve health with smoking ban?! Would be better trying to regulate the age kids can have smart phones from. I’d rather try to deal with the epidemic of mental health issues in kids that social media and online shite creates than smoking which they can’t do legally til their late teens.

Sunak intervening to improve health with smoking ban?! Would be better trying to regulate the age kids can have smart phones from. I’d rather try to deal with the epidemic of mental health issues in kids that social media and online shite creates than smoking which they can’t do legally til their late teens.
Could do both and ensure kids don’t go hungry too.

How will they enforce the smoking ban? More than 90 per cent of burglaries are not investigated and most low level drugs offences are already ignored by the police. I am not a smoker these days but Sunak must have lost his mind. Since when did prohibition achieve anything? Banning soft drugs has led to a huge increase in organised crime and recreational drug use. It is just another law which will be ignored. Sunak confirms again that he is just out of touch with reality.

How will they enforce the smoking ban? More than 90 per cent of burglaries are not investigated and most low level drugs offences are already ignored by the police. I am not a smoker these days but Sunak must have lost his mind. Since when did prohibition achieve anything? Banning soft drugs has led to a huge increase in organised crime and recreational drug use. It is just another law which will be ignored. Sunak confirms again that he is just out of touch with reality.
Tobacco usage will likely naturally decline and be replaced by vaping anyway.

The big question is how they rake in the tax they’re going to lose.

Agreed. It’s an embarrassment that he’s floating it as an idea. All the problems in our society/world and he says I know I’ll focus on a new law that I can’t enforce and that will do very little to improve anything.

Tobacco usage will likely naturally decline and be replaced by vaping anyway.

The big question is how they rake in the tax they’re going to lose.
Where is the evidence that tobacco usage will decline? That hasnt happened with cocaine and cannabis. Surely it will lead to a huge black market and more profits for organised crime gangs. It will just make smoking more attractive to rebellious teenagers. Personally I hate smoking but this sounds like another pathetic political soundbite. I would support more price hikes for cigarettes and a sugar tax though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.