FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

Bloke on the coach from Wembley told me he sits near Pep's dugout. Some of our less tactically savvy fans yell 'Forward, forward, get it forward!!' at our players and Pep usually turns to them and more or less says 'No, no, no, not what we do!!'

Pep did a Pep.
He‘s owned his mistake.
We still had chances but weren’t clinical.
Football has winners and losers.
Today we lost.
This season we won.
Four in a row.
For the very first time ever.
Grow a pair and thank God we‘ve been blessed with Pep and our wonderful boys in blue.
Gutted? yes.
But let’s not forget that our lads have achieved what no other team has ever done. Immortality.
CTID

100%, we play better under pressure. Also , anyone else think that we’ve been a second-half team this season compared to previous seasons, where we’ve been quick out of the blocks and scored a couple of early goals. Today we were so pedestrian in the first half.
I think Pep needs to think about creating a new playing style because many teams now seems to play with a low block and we end up struggling to get Haaland in the game.
Pep evolves the team every season.

Pep did a Pep.
He‘s owned his mistake.
We still had chances but weren’t clinical.
Football has winners and losers.
Today we lost.
This season we won.
Four in a row.
For the very first time ever.
Grow a pair and thank God we‘ve been blessed with Pep and our wonderful boys in blue.
Gutted? yes.
But let’s not forget that our lads have achieved what no other team has ever done. Immortality.
CTID
well said.

Just got back in, a proper lacklustre performance today numbed by the number of pints I'd drunk from 9am onwards. Nobody deserves a motm everybody well under par and Pep deserves shit tonight for fucking up with the back four, why oh fucking why play Stones and Ake as a centre half pairing for the first time ever?
I think he admitted it by blaming his tactics. He won't hang them out but it should have been Dias and Akanji who were up to speed.

I am crazy drunk, so bear with me on this.

When I was a kid Pa Bollo was posted up to Northumberland. While there the Falklands happened and he was sent to the top of Mount Kent to man a big radar pointing at Argentina. Pa B always had fond memories of Butch, the family tripehound/collie cross that terrorised Benchhill while he was growing up. Apologies if you were bitten by Butch. So, before he left, we acquired a border collie pup.

Moss was the product of a well-regarded working dad and pet mum. The farmer who owned the dad was worried that the local working collie bloodlines were getting a bit inbred and wanted to mix things up a bit. Most of the males of this happy union went on to become working dogs, whereas the females went as pets.

In the style of most Northumbrian collies, despite being a lady Moss was a bit of a unit. Her size combined with that big collie brain made her a bit of a handful. Because of this, the 13 year old me and Moss were sent to obedience classes.

After the first class or two, another attendee offered to give me and Moss a lift to and from the class. She was a very lovely, quite posh lady who completely dominated my pubescent dreams.

Anyways, my lift’s dog was a young pedigree doberman, absolute crufts royalty. She really was a beautiful animal and also very sweet-natured. But when it came to training, this dog completely fucked it up. She wasn't dumb. She wasn’t especially difficult, but at those key moments when she had to perform, she’d look up and either pee or run to an exit and scratch at the door.

My point. Despite the beautiful football and years of success, there are times when City remind me of that doberman. We look fucking gorgeous. We’re capable of a dazzling level of football. But sometimes for no discernible reason we absolutely shit the bed.

Christ I’m pissed.

Not having it that ultra megabucks United deserved this. They had 25 per cent possession and half as many shots as us. They got very very lucky against us. Lets by honest, we were poor by our crazy standards but still way better than the rags.

This will serve as a 'never again' moment for us. Next season, with a slight refresh of the squad, we'll chase five in a row.

United - megabucks club - spend way more than us - but play like Brentford. Yes, we were massively well below our best, but we were still the better side than the rags by a distance. How times have changed - no more 'attack, attack, attack' chanting - they're prepared to accept boring, long ball, park the bus Brentford style tactics (you can understand the reasons why Brentford play like that).
Only in the second half. We were fucking dross in the first half. 3 shots and one of those was that nothing attempt straight a the keeper. We were much the better side second half but they didn’t need to attack by then. It was a shitshow today. We have to just accept that and move on. Sometimes shit happens. At least the blues on here who always bet against us had a win for once :-)

Fair enough you call it as you see it. I don’t think this team of serial winners have suddenly lost the will to win but it was disappointing not to have performed like we can.
We've seen these inexplicable ineffectual, lacklustre performances from us before. Generally sometime in the first half of a season.
It happens to all.teams. It's why you get title contenders losing to relegation fodder.
It's the beauty of football, and sport in general.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.